Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. has unveiled the 2011 Nissan Elgrand in Japan, the company’s premier luxury minivan. First generation was introduced in 1997, followed by the second generation in 2002. 2011 Nissan Elgrand is the third generation of this luxury minivan which goes on sale August 18th at Nissan dealers nationwide. The Elgrand and Quest of Nissan will be built on the same platform but they will have a couple of styling differences in both the front and the rear end. For its comfort, styling and driving performance, Elgrand has been highly praised by customers. The Elgrand has been called as the “King of Minivans” by Nissan.
The new-generation Elgrand is a true luxury people carrier with up to an 8-seat capacity and welcoming sense of hospitality and comfort for driver and passengers alike, in line with its longstanding reputation for excellence. For passenger comfort, the interior of the Elgrand offers a number of features including unique, multi-function high quality seats with leg rest and the world’s first 11-inch electronic retractable monitor. Also, the car will appear with Quick Comfort Seat Heater, Park assist, Around View and Wide View Monitors and also an Eco Drive Assist system.
The new Elgrand has a Private Theater System for the rear seats that powered by a Bose® 5.1 Surround Sound System. A minivan offers class-leading fuel efficiency and dynamic performance. Every grade achieve, SU-LEV certification that gives off 75% fewer exhaust emissions than 2005 standards and this qualifies the vehicle for the tax exemption for environmentally friendly vehicles. Eventually, it covers all 4WD and part of the 2WD grade of the 3.5-liter model for the 50% diminution on acquisition and weight tax for new vehicles.
The Elgrand's top-end variant will be an all-wheel drive fitted with a 3.5 liter petrol/gasoline engine which produces 280 PS and 344 Nm of toque. The 2.5L engine with 170 PS (125kW) and 245 Nm of torque will also be available. The 3.5L version can also be had as a 2WD or as an all wheel drive vehicle. The 2.5L engine and the 3.5L engine both will be coupled to the Xtronic CVT-M6 transmission with Adaptive Shift Control that the CVT gearbox running smoothly to assure an optimized fuel-economy.
The new Elgrand is developed with the concept of “Dynamism and Luxury” that you can feel throughout the exterior and interior. Both hallmarks of the original Elgrand is included in the design for example the blending of the two-stage headlights, thick front mask and grille into one form with the latest technology, such as the modern 3-dimensionally designed seats.
Key features of the new Elgrand include:
- The best-in-class comfort
- Evokes a feeling of the highest quality achieved in a personal mobility space
- Eminent styling
- Royal and sleek design, which are trademarks of the Elgrand identity
- Uncompromising quest of excellence
- Best fuel economy and drivability in its class
Also, Elgrand offers a long list of safety and eco technologies that includes:
- School zone safe driving guide
- Safe driving support system
- Xenon headlamps
- Side under mirror
- SRS curtain air bag system
- Low-Friction Seatbelt
- Driver and passenger seat SRS air bag system
- Driver and passenger seat SRS side air bag system
- Front seat active headrest
- Auto light system (linked front wipers, dawn sensors)
- Active AFS (350Highway STAR Premium, 350Highway STAR standard)
- Second seat ELR with 3 point seatbelt (Independent Buckle)
- Third seat ELR with 3 point seatbelt (Independent Buckle)
- Halogen fog lamp equipped front bumper
- VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control (TCS functionality included)
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) + Break Assist + EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution control system)
- Intelligent Cruise Control (350Highway STAR Premium, 350Highway STAR manufacturer option)
- Intelligent Brake Assist (350Highway STAR Premium, 350Highway STAR manufacturer option)
- Second seat ISO FIX Child seat anchor (right and left)
- Body construction for pedestrian protection / High-strength body construction (Zone Body)
- Tire pressure sensor that notices decreased air pressure. It displays a warning on the information display. The system is combined with a buzzer alarm that provides guidance when the pressure comes to a certain level and this pressure guidance system was first adopted in Japan.
Nissan Elgrand video from Youtube:
Nissan Elgrand video from Youtube:
You Might Also Like :