Take a look on the striking photos/pictures of 2012 Ford Mustang BOSS 302 including price details, features, specs and review of it.
Recently, Ford Mustang BOSS 302 has been re-energized by the company for the 2012 year. The 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 is based on the foundation provided by the 2011 Mustang GT. The model will be launched in 2012 and comes with 412 horsepower 5.0 liters engine from the 2011 GT engine which is already an incredible performer.
In 1969 and 1970, the Boss 302 Mustang was a high performance variant of Ford Mustang designed by Larry Shinoda, a former GM employee for the Trans Am racing series. The Mustang Boss 429 was also produced in the same years and built around a larger engine.
Ford has once again added the new Mustang Boss 302 into its lineup after 42 years. It is powered by a retooled 5.0-liter V8 engine that pumps out 440 horsepower and 380 lb.-ft of torque. It has a race-inspired clutch with a short-throw and a six-speed manual transmission. The Boss 302 will be known as a 2012 model and goes on sale next spring at priced somewhere between a Mustang GT and Mustang GT 500.
The 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 will follow the footsteps of the classic 1969 Mustang Boss 302 that inspired the exterior of the new model.
More details about 2012 Ford Mustang BOSS 302:
- Boss upgraded in nearly every vehicle system; engine output, brakes, suspension, interior and exterior all examined to optimize weight, aerodynamics and track performance
- The Boss returns! Limited production 2012 Mustang Boss 302 set to become the quickest, best-handling straight-production Mustang ever offered by Ford, based on the world-class foundation provided by the 2011 Mustang GT
- Limited-production track-oriented Boss 302 Laguna Seca model expands on Boss racing aspirations, deleting rear seat and adding race-ready suspension and aerodynamic treatments
- Full Mustang team effort results in a comprehensive re-engineering available only through the factory; new Boss is not a package that can be purchased out of a catalog or achieved through tuning or aftermarket parts
The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 is actually based on the Ford Racing Boss 302R. To expand the aerodynamics, oil control, brakes, engine cooling and suspension, the engineers used the data gather throughout racing. The company claims that various parts of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 are identical to the ones on the race car.
The manufacturer says the Boss 302 has a flat output curve all the way by its projected 7,500 rpm redline. The actual performance numbers of the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 has not been released by Ford at this time. The Ford said about the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 that “it is the quickest, best-handling straight-production Mustang ever offered. The 2012 Mustang Boss 302 features upgrades in every single aspect of the car, including engine output, brakes, suspension, interior and exterior.”
The pricing details about 2012 Mustang Boss 302 has not been announced yet.
2012 Mustang Boss 302 Specifications:
|2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Specifications|
|Drive Type||Rear Wheel|
|Torsen limited-slip differential|
|Body / Chassis||Unitized steel|
|Production Years for Series||2010 -|
|Introduced At||2008 LA Auto Show|
|Top Speed||155 mph | 249.395 km/h|
|Displacement||5000 cc | 305.1 cu in. | 5.0 L.|
4 valves per cylinder.
|Horsepower||440 HP (323.84 KW) @ 7500 RPM|
|Torque||380 Ft-Lbs (515 NM)|
|HP / Liter||88.0 BHP / Liter|
|Fuel Feed||Fuel Injected|
|Close-ratio with integral shifter|
|Cargo Volume||cu. ft.|
|Length||188.1 in | 4778 mm.|
|Width||73.9 in | 1877 mm.|
|Wheelbase||107.1 in | 2720 mm.|
|Front Track||62.3 in | 1582 mm.|
|Rear Track||62.9 in | 1598 mm.|
|Front Headroom||38.5 in | 978 mm.|
|Front Legroom||42.4 in | 1077 mm.|
|Front Hip Room||53.4 in | 1357 mm.|
|Front Shoulder Room||55.3 in | 1405 mm.|
|Suspension||Race suspension/KONI dampers|
|Rack and Pinion with Power Assist|
|Steering Overall Ratio||15.8:1|
|Turning Circle||33.4 ft|
|Front Brake Size||14.0 in | 356 mm.|
|Rear Brake Size||11.8 in | 300 mm.|
|Tires / Wheels|
|Tires||Front : 255/40ZR-19|
Rear : 285/35ZR-19
|Wheels||Lightweight 19-inch black alloy racing|
2012 Mustang Boss 302 Photos:
The New 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Video from Youtube:
You Might Also Like :
- New Ford Figo Facelift: Price, Specifications and review in India
- New Dodge Avenger 2012 : Specifications & Photos Reveled
- Ford Classic Titanium Diesel : Price, Specs & Mileage Review
- Volkswagen Cross Up 2012: Specs, Review & Price
- New upcoming Hatchback Cars of 2012 in India
- Maruti WagonR Diesel Coming in 2012: Review & Price