The American Express Gift Card, a prepaid card has a set dollar value which you can see at the front of card. American Express Gift Card is neither a credit card nor debit card, it is a gift card which you can use almost everywhere. A monthly fee always has been charged on unused gift cards by American Express, but as of September 30, 2009 it has been dropped. The American Express gift card is used by million of businesses in the United States, Puerto Rico. You can use it for entertainment, meals, purchase goods, online vendors. It can not be used at Cruise Lines, Casinos, and ATMs. American Express Gift Card also provides Special Offers for their customers.
You can purchase it from Shoppers Drug Mart stores. And you can also visit official website for Gift Card. American Express Gift Card available in different rates, which are described below:
- $4.95 + applicable taxes for a $50 Gift Card
- $5.95 + applicable taxes for a $100 Gift Card
- $6.95 + applicable taxes for a $200 Gift Card
Currently it is available at $50, $100; $200 denominations for purchase. You can use it everywhere in Canada. You can not use the Gift Card at some places, which are given below,
- For recurring billing payments such as utilities, subscriptions, or cellular phone service.
- For receiving cash or cash equivalents, such as at ATMs or at a bank.
- For transactions requiring preauthorization for less than the full value of such transactions.
Once you receive your gift card, you can check your card balance before going for shopping and tell it to the cashier. For buying an American Gift Card, a purchase charge applies on it. But there are no fees after purchase on American Express Gift Card.
- No monthly fees
- No fee to replace if lost of stolen
- No customer service fees
Some benefits of American Express Gift Card:
- Replaceable: If the Gift Card is lost or stolen, the unused balance can be refunded/replaced.
- Available in a variety of prepaid amounts: Gift Card denomination values range from $25-$3000.
- Accepted at Over a Million Places: Gift Cards can be used virtually everywhere and are welcomed in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Enhanced with special offers: Your friends and loved ones can save when they use their Gift Card at participating merchants.
You can easily check your balance online and if you want to check your transaction history then also you can do it online. Just you have to login first on its official website. For login first you have to enter the card number. Then you have to enter the card security code and click on “available funds and history”.
You Might Also Like :
- How to check your Amex Gift Card Balance
- American Express $50 Gift Card Sweepstakes Guide
- American Express Winter Wonder Win Giveaway Information
- American Express: Student Credit Cards Review
- Cugift2 Credit Card Login website(Consumercardaccess.com/Cugift2) Guide
- AmericanExpress Online Bill payment guide At AmericanExpress.com/PayBillOnline