Greatest classical music festival, BBC Proms is held every year from mid-July to mid-September and comprising over seventy Prom concerts. This year this festival will be running from 16th July to September 11, 2010 at London's Royal Albert Hall. This is 116th year of the proms, which main aims to present the widest possible range of music, performed to the highest standards, to large audiences. There are totally 76 Proms at London’s Royal Albert Hall and 13 chamber concerts at Cadogan Hall. Every Prom concert is broadcast live on BBC Radio 3, with selected repeats in Afternoon on 3.
BBC proms 2010 highlights:
- Prom 1: 16 July Mahler's Eighth Symphony (Symphony of a Thousand)
- Prom 2: 17 July Bryn Terfel in Wagner's Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg
- Prom 3: 18 July Plácido Domingo in Verdi's Simon Boccanegra
- Prom 19: 31 July Sondheim at 80, with performers including Terfel and Maria Friedman
- Prom 22: 2 August BBCSO and Jonathan Nott; programme includes George Benjamin's Duet, Ligeti, Ravel, Mozart
- Prom 19: 7 August National Youth Orchestra and Semyon Bychkov - including London premiere of Julian Anderson's Fastastias, plus Berlioz Symphonie fantastique
- Prom 42: 17 August Alina Ibragimova premieres Huw Watkins's violin concerto. Edward Gardner conducts
- Prom 46: 20 August a late-night Prom of experimental music, including works by Cage, Cardew and Feldman
- Prom 49: 22 August a celebration of Rodgers and Hammerstein
- Prom 54: 26 August Jamie Cullum
- Prom 65 & 66: 3 and 4 September Simon Rattle and the Berlin Philharmonic. The second programme is delicious – Wagner's Parsifal Prelude, Strauss Four Last Songs, Schoenberg, Webern and Berg
- Prom 67: 5 September the Last Night, 1910-style
- Prom 72 & 73: 8 September Tansy Davies's new piece Wild Card... and Bruckner 7 (BBCSO)
- Prom 75: 10 September Sir John Eliot Gardner conducts Monteverdi's 1610 Vespers
- Prom 76: 11 September the Last Night, 2010-style
To get full Schedule details from www.bbc.co.uk.
BBC Top 10 proms premieres
Prom 39 Sat 14 Aug
Alissa Firsova (b1986). Bach Allegro
Prom 39 Sat 14 Aug
Tarik O'Regan (b1978). Latent Manifest
Prom 42 Tues 17 Aug
Huw Watkins (b1976). Violin Concerto
Prom 45 Thurs 19 Aug
James Dillon (b1950). La Navette
Prom 46 Fri 20 Aug
Arvo Pärt (b1935). Symphony No 4 "Los Angeles"
Prom 54 Thurs 26 Aug
Mark-Anthony Turnage (b1960). Hammered Out
Prom 67 Sun 5 Sept
David Matthews (b 1943). Dark Pastoral
Prom 72 Wed 8 Sept
Tansy Davies (b1973). Wild Card
Prom 74 Thurs 9 Sept
Robin Holloway (b1943). Reliquary
Prom 76 Sat 11 Sept
Jonathan Dove (b1959). A Song of Joys
BBC proms 2010 Booking information
Interested fans book their BBC Proms 2010 Festival Ticket by online, by phone, by post and by person. Ticket providers take 2% booking fee on per tickets.
Season Tickets Dates Arena Gallery
- Whole Season (Proms 1–76) 16 July – 11 September £190.00 £170.00
- First Half (Proms 1–37) 16 July – 13 August £110.00 £95.00
- Second Half (Proms 38–75) 14 August – 10 September £110.00 £95.00
For online ticket booking log in to your Proms Plan link. After login, first checks ticket availability. If it is unavailable, you will be given the chance to choose alternatives. Confirm your online booking by submitting your Proms Plan and entering your payment details. You will be sent confirmation of your booking immediately by email.
Call the Royal Albert Hall Box Office on 0845 401 5040*. (The Box Office is open 9.00am–9.00pm daily and from 8.00am on 4 May.)
Booking in person:
Visit the Royal Albert Hall Box Office at Door 12. No booking fee applies to tickets bought in person.
If you want to buy ticket by post, please write to BBC Proms, Box Office, Royal Albert Hall, London SW7 2AP with the necessary info like name, address, telephone number(s) and email address, applicable discounts, etc.
To get full details about BBC proms 2010 ticket booking visit www.bbc.co.uk.
BBC proms 2010 Launch video From YouTube:
You Might Also Like :
- Watch Olympics 2012 Live Free at BBC Big Screens in London
- 2010 CMA Music Festival - Packages, Ticket, Lineup & Schedule
- Tapes ‘n Tapes Summer 2010 Tour: Schedule Dates announced
- Coachella 2011 Dates & Lineup: Buy Tickets for Coachella Music Festival
- Sydney Future Music Festival 2010 dates, tickets
- CMA Music Festival 2011 Dates and Ticket information