If you want to increase your child's typing speed, then hep them to play Typing mat game at www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/. On this site, you will meet with a cartoon goat and other cool lively animals which helps you to learn typing. BBC typing mate Game is made for children aged 7-11 years. Your children can learn keyboarding with lots of fun.
Screen-shot Of Official Website
BBC Typing Mat game is divided in four levels; in every level you will face three stages. Start at Level 1 and increase your talents slowly through to level 4. At every stage, you will get a few alphabetic. After typing alphabetic, the instructions are given for next. In Stage 1 you will learn about basic introduction and the home row, and for stage 2 to 12, you will learn,
- Recap the previous lesson
- Introduce new letters typed with the left and right hands
- Practice all previously learnt letters
- Reward the typist with a mini song and dance
- Stage 1: f d s a j k l ; g h - the home row
- Stage 2: e
- Stage 3: r u
- Stage 4: t y
- Stage 5: w o
- Stage 6: q p
- Stage 7: v m
- Stage 8: b n
- Stage 9: c
- Stage 10: x z '
- Stage 11: / .
- Stage 12: Shift keys - how to make capital letters
Important instruction for game
- Use the correct fingers
- If you get tired, then you should take the rest, and shake your hands and arms to relax your muscles.
- It is not important to look at your hands when you are learning type.
- Worksheets are available for each stage that can be printed out and used offline with a typewriter or computer.
Source : http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing.
You Might Also Like :
- Using BBC Mortgage Calculator online
- Watch Olympics 2012 Live Free at BBC Big Screens in London
- MP High Court Recruitment 2010 - STENOGRAPHER / CLERK STENO / ASSISTANT GRADE III
- BBC iPlayer - Waterloo Road series : Episode Guide
- GCSE Science Revision Now available at www.bbc.co.uk
- Play Run and Gun Football Game online at learn 4 good