One of the biggest auto manufacturers, General Motors (GM) launched its newest small car model in India named as the Chevrolet Beat on 4th January 2010. General Motors launched second small car model after Spark. Here is mentioned all the information regarding GM Chevrolet beat launched in India with its photos.
Chevrolet Beat competes with many popular cars like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai i10, Hyundai i20, upcoming Volkswagen Polo, and Tata Motors. Chevrolet beat is available in the range of Rs 3.5 to 5 lacs though it is not fixed yet.
With three variants, the new Chevrolet Beat comes in petrol and diesel trims. The car looks very stylish and funky with its large headlamps and bold front grille. General motors also made the back look of Chevrolet Beat very attractive with chrome surrounds on its tail lamps.
Some features of Chevrolet Beat:
- Variants include the mid tier LS, the top end LT and the low end PS
- ABS and Airbags in LT version
- The car is priced cheaper to its competing models
- The 1.2 litre engine is the main highlight of beat
- The car will be soon launched worldwide
For the visibility of the driver, the car has thin A-pillar so it will reduce the blind spots in the car. The C-pillar is little thick and it could create some problems during parking time. The car lays a rubber having a 155/70R14 profile. Car having two doors but maintaining the car’s three-door image look, for the rear door handle given in the black spot on the C-pillar. The loop spring and the curb can be seen in the picture.
Chevy Beat Technical specifications:
- Engine: 1200 cc petrol
- Cylinders: 3
- Maximum horsepower: 80.5 PS @6200 rpm
- Max. torque: 108 Nm @4400 rpm
- Gears: 5
- Brakes: Discs in front, drums at the rear
- Fuel efficiency (mileage) certified by ARAI: 18.6 kmpl
- Power steering, ABS, power windows, central locking, tachometer, alloy wheels
You Might Also Like :