Commonwealth Games 2010 are scheduled to be played from 3 October to 14 October 2010 in Delhi India. 2010 Commonwealth Games are the nineteenth Commonwealth Games. Asia has been hosting Commonwealth Games second time, it was previously hosted by Malaysia. India will host the largest multi-sport event Commonwealth Games first time. In 1951 and 1982, Delhi has previously hosted the Asian Games. Commonwealth games are organized after every four years, and the participants belong to only commonwealth nations. All the Olympic Games and the games most popular in the commonwealth nations are included in the Commonwealth Games.
A volunteers' scheme was launched by 2010 Commonwealth Games (CWG) organizing committee on Friday, 4 December 2009. Organizing Committee Chairman, Suresh Kalmadi said, regular training classes would start for the volunteers shortly. The number of volunteers has been reduced from 30,000 to 22,000, by the Commonwealth Games Organizing Committee for the sporting extravaganza. They took the decision keeping in mind the requirement for the event. After 1982 Asian Games, the 2010 Commonwealth Games will be India's first major international sports event. After beating the Canadian city Hamilton in the bid for rights to host the games, Delhi got the contract for commonwealth games.
The main form of contact to all volunteer applicants is electronic communication. Candidates must visit this volunteer website regularly for information on status updates, schedules and training sessions. For becoming a volunteer, applicants need an e-mail address, if you do not have an e-mail address, then you can set one up for free through different web-mail service providers. You can also contact your Internet service provider for further options. Two volunteer applicants can not share the same e-mail address for security reasons. All communications about CWG will be done online so it is necessary for you to have Internet access and easy access to your e-mails. If you have applied for a volunteer role online then you can update your details online. Login with the username and password, you used to submit your original application.
Eligibility criteria for CWG Volunteer 2010:
- Applicants should be minimum 18 years of age or older as on 30 September 2009 to apply to volunteer for the nineteenth commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi.
- Applicants should be able to pass the security background check.
- Applicants should be willing to work in an assined functional area and demonstrate team spirit.
- Applicants should be English speaking.
- Applicants must be available to work a minimum 8 hours shift.
- Applicants should be available for the entire game period (from 1 to 15 October 2010).
- Applicants should be willing to work for a minimum of 10 days during the games period.
- Applicants should be willing and able to attend training session prior to the games for three days or more spread over the period from May 2010 to October 2010.
- Applicants should have the relevant background and skills for specific roles.
Application form is available in pdf format so for registration, visit http://www.dce.edu/web/Sections/Specials/CWG2010/Files/CWG%202010%20-%20...
You Might Also Like :
- Delhi 2010 Tickets and Packages - Delhi Commonwealth Games Tickets
- Commonwealth Games 2010 Medal Tally
- Commonwealth Games 2010 theme song : Video & Lyrics
- Guangzhou 2010 Asian Games, China: Schedule & Ticket info
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Glasgow - Dates & Venues
- Suresh Kalmadi: Wiki, Biography, Profile & Kalmadi Family Information