The information about nineteenth commonwealth games 2010 and about Tickets and Packages is mentioned here. The games are scheduled between 3 October and 14 October and will be held in Delhi, India with population over 15 million, compared to 2006 games (Melbourne's 3.5 million) and Greater Menchester's 2.5 million population at to 2002 games. Commonwealth Games will be the largest multi-sport event in Delhi and India, which has hosted in the Asian Games earlier in 1951 and 1982. The opening ceremony will be taken place at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi.
Delhi 2010 Tickets and Packages:
There are three phases of ticket selling to the all Commonwealth Games Associations (CGAs). The first phase of tickets selling has been launched by The Organising Committee Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi. The Ticket Order Form has been mailed inclusive of prices to the CGAs.
Three opportunities of purchase:
- First Phase - Purchase period commencing, 15 November 2009 - 15 January 2010
- Second Phase - Purchase opportunity from, 15 January 2010 - 31 March 2010
- Ongoing from - May 2010 up to and during the Games
Commonwealth Games tickets start from $15 with free public transport on the day of the event. There are five ways to buy tickets In Australia,
- By phoning 1300 00 2006 (within Australia).
- At the venue on the day of the event
- Via ebay or similar (no recommended and probably illegal)
- You can purchase tickets online
- At Ticketmaster retail outlets
To buying tickets of Delhi Commonwealth Games Tickets online visit cwgdelhi2010.org.
List of Sports for 2010:
- Aquatics: 19 events for Men and 19 events for Women will be detained from 4 - 9 October 2010 for 38 Gold Medals. Swimming: 19 events for Men and 19 events for Women, Diving: 3 events for Men and 3 events for Women (plus 2 Synchronised Diving events), Synchronised Swimming: 2 events. Events will be held at the SPM Swimming Pool Complex
- Archery: There will be events each for Men and WomenEvents, held at two venues: the I. G. Indoor Stadium Complex and India Gate / Red Fort.
- Athletics: There will be 46 events for Men and Women 44 events, held over seven days from 6 - 12 October. The Marathon will be held on 14 October. Events will be held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
- Badminton: There will be 6 events: Singles and Doubles matches for men and women, Mixed Doubles and Team Mixed. All events will be held at the Siri Fort Sports Complex
- Boxing: Events will be held at the Talkatora Indoor Stadium
- Cycling: Events will be held at the I. G. Indoor Stadium Complex
- Gymnastics: Events will be held at the I. G. Indoor Stadium Complex
- Hockey: Events will be held at the Maj. Dhyan Chand National Stadium
- Lawn Balls: Events will be held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
- Netball: Events will be held at the Tyagaraj Sports Complex
- Rugby 7s: Events will be held at the Delhi University
- Shooting: Events will be held at the Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range
- Squash: Events will be held at the Siri Fort Sports Complex
- Table Tennis: Events will be held at the Yamuna Sports Complex
- Tennis: Events will be held at the R K Tennis Complex
- Weight Lifting: Events will be held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
- Wrestling: Events will be held at the I. G. Indoor Stadium Complex
You Might Also Like :
- CWG Volunteer 2010 : Login and Registration Guide
- Commonwealth Games 2010 Medal Tally
- Guangzhou 2010 Asian Games, China: Schedule & Ticket info
- Commonwealth Games 2010 theme song : Video & Lyrics
- New DDA Housing Scheme 2010 from Delhi Development Authority
- Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games Village Photos - Venues for Athletes