The friends play a major role in our life besides family and relatives. They are the ones with whom we can share our feelings easily, and friends can help us in good and bad situations. Everyone needs a friend as we don’t want to feel lonely, but it’s really hard to discover who is your true friend? You meet friends from your childhood however you still don’t identify if they are true friends, and due to it a person may come into contact with Depression at some point in his/her life. One may also feel a little depressed when there is no one to talk to right now. When you are in trouble, you can actually find out who your true friend is because at that time he/she will stay with you and gives solution to your problem, and it is even necessary that you show how important your true friend is for you. Check out here tips and guidelines to recognize who is your true friend and to come out from the feeling of depression.
The teenage years are tough, and it’s absolutely usual to feel sad or ill-tempered every now and then, however if these feelings lasts for long time or become so severe that you can’t handle them, you could be suffering from depression. Depression is a serious illness and sad experience for someone to go through, so victims of depression require stable, loyal friends to rely on in their times of necessitate.
Trust is very important in any relationship as without trust true closeness and friendship or love can never be achieved, so stick with the friends you really trust. No need to worry if you can’t really trust anyone around you at the current stage, as life is long and you will surely get a true friend one or the other day. Moreover, taking out time for yourself on a regular basis will help you to be a better, less-stressed person. When you feel depressed and there is no friend around, at that time do activities that you like including read motivational books - books are our best companion, watch movie, go outside and enjoy natural beauty, etc. There is no need to search here and there for a best friend as he/she will come at the right time in your life, till that period just hang out with the friends you know and have fun.
Read below simple and short sentences that can help you to choose whether your friend is real or fake:
A TRUE friend:
- Is happy for you when you achieve something
- Never say bad things about you behind your back
- Respects your requirements, and sometimes puts you first
- Is kind, thoughtful, and can make you laugh and have fun with you
- Wishes the best for you and acts accordingly
- When she has a boyfriend/girlfriend, doesn’t treat you like ****
- Doesn't simply use you for your money, fame, possession, advice, or else
- Make the effort to communicate regularly with you
- Isn't egocentric with you (jealous or makes it always related to his/her problems)
- Understands you and values your friendship, and respects that you have a life also
- Trusts you, pays attention and gives you good advice
- When you're going through a hard time, supports you (offers to listen, holds your hand, provide you company, a hug, etc.)
A FAKE friend:
- Always wants best for themselves - don’t wish the best for you
- Puts down your successes to boost them self
- Tells bad things behind your back
- Is unkind, selfish and just cares about them self
- For their benefit, gives you wrong advice so you follow the wrong path
- Doesn't respect your requirements and never ever puts you first
- Gives excuses whenever you need help
- Blames you for everything and declines to take responsibility for their faults
- Won't go the additional mile for you even if you do for him/her
If you discover all the above good qualifies of a true friend, then he/she can be called a Real friend or Best friend. A real friend is important in everyone’s life and will contribute to your enjoyment. On the other hand, once you clearly identify your friend is FAKE, put full-stop to that friendship. There are lots of other things to do in life, so don't waste your time with such type of people.
You Might Also Like :