Microsoft is offering a free antivirus security package (Microsoft Security Essentials: MSE) code-named Morro which has been specially intended for low cost PCs in developing nations from 23rd June, 2009. Now you can download Microsoft's latest antivirus software, “Microsoft Security Essentials” for a free all Windows system from Microsoft.com. Morro Provides comprehensive protection from various types of malicious software including Viruses, Spyware, Rootkits and Trojans. The Software is well-matched with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 operating systems.
Microsoft security Essentials is based on the core of Microsoft’s current paid solution, one care. Designed for the Chop is Equipt, Microsoft’s brief excursion into consumer software as a service, offering cloud storage of files, updates to Microsoft Office packages and Windows Live OneCare, for an annual cost of £59. Morro is made by the existing anti-malware technology which has received the VB100 award from Virus Bulletin, Checkmark Certification from West Coast Labs and certification from the International Computer Security Association Labs.
MSE is a free for download from Microsoft.com that is simple to install, easy to use, and always keeps up to date so you can be certain your PC is protected by the latest technology.
How to install MSE (Morro Antivirus):
To install the Microsoft Security Essentials, open the Microsoft.com, then click on the security and updates and open Microsoft Security Essentials, where you will get download option, to download Microsoft Security Essentials, choose your preferred locale or language and choose your operating system to start the download process.
Features of the Morro:
- Real-time protection: Morro uses real time protection for helping address potential threats.
- Dynamic Signature Service: By this service, Microsoft Security Essentials is able to validate suspicious files against newly identified malware in near-real time. Actions from unknown sources, such as unexpected network connections, try to change the privileged parts of the system or downloading known malicious content all trigger requests for updates from Dynamic Signature Services.
- Rootkit protection: Morro includes lots of latest and better technologies for offering extra protection against rootkits and other aggressive threats. These technologies add live most important part behavior monitoring for checking the integrity of kernel structures, support for direct file-system parsing to help identify and remove malicious programs and drivers hidden from the file system, and improved live rootkit removal that dynamically loads a new kernel mode driver as part of the cleaning process.
- Lightweight design: Morro is core anti-malware only, that’s why it does not bring the weight of the suite products and has a much smaller download size.
- CPU throttling: CPU throttling helps ensure that user's system remains the responsive to those tasks the user is likely to be performing such as opening files or browser windows, launching programs, editing documents, saving files, etc.
- Idle-time scanning: Scans and updates are scheduled to run when the PC is idle and use a low-priority thread.
Requirements for MSE :
- For XP - CPU with clock speed of 500 MHz or higher
- For Vista / W7 - CPU with clock speed of 1.0 GHz or higher
- For Vista / W7 - Memory: 1 GB RAM or higher
- For XP - Memory: 256 MB RAM or higher
- VGA (Display): 800 x 600 or higher
- Storage: 140 MB of available hard-disk space
- An Internet connection is required for installation and to download the latest virus and spyware definitions for Microsoft Microsoft Security Essentials
- Internet Browser (IE or Firefox)
You Might Also Like :
- Microsoft's Free Windows Essentials Antivirus Security Tool Downlad
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 beta download
- Microsoft Easy Assist Service Support available at Support.Microsoft.com/Ea
- Microsoft and Yahoo reach a deal to be Search partners
- Download Internet Explorer 10 browser for Windows 7: XP and Vista users unlucky
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2010 Review