Nowadays, mostly everyone owns a car. When people buy a new car, they want to keep their vehicle’s look nice. They will clean their vehicle inside and outside to maintain its look. Do you believe that many automotive enthusiasts love to wash their beloved vehicle? But it is true; you will make your vehicle look newer for a lot longer by washing it carefully. If you want to wash your car yourself, then you need to learn how to properly wash your vehicle. Without proper information about washing a car, you will make your car's look old quickly.
Many people wash their vehicle every weekend to maintain its appearance good. Washing car at home looks simple enough but there are some things to watch carefully. Improper methods will cause ugly swirls and scratches in the paint that needs polishing. You need to wash your car in a proper way to protect it from scratches or damaging its paint. Follow a few simple steps when washing and drying your vehicle to eliminate these problems.
You will require some things such as bucket, cloths, sponge, water hose, wash mitt, car wash, pre-cleaner, tire shine/cleaner, bug & tar remover, glass cleaner, wheel cleaner/protectant, and paper towels for washing your vehicle. You need to know that your car must be parked in a cool shaded area and out of the direct sunlight. Direct sunlight makes your vehicle too hot and in this condition, the soap and water can dry too rapidly as well as leave lines and water stains behind. In addition, when your car will become hot, paint becomes softer and cause scratches more easily.
You can use a pre-cleaner to eliminate fine scratches, scuffs and swirl marks, if it is necessary. But before using them, wash the affected area, then apply a small amount to it with a clean, soft cloth and allow the liquid dehydrated to a haze, as well as clean it with a soft, dry cloth. Use of bug and tar remover is necessary to stop scratching and get the uppermost product possible. You will easily eliminate bugs, tar, and road grime from your cars finish with the use of this remover. Spray the cleaner to the affected areas and clean it with a clean, soft cloth.
First of all, start washing the car with tires. If you want to give your tires a wet and shiny look, then you can use a tire shine and cleaner like a gel or foam. You need to use the product on a sponge or cloth applicator and apply it to the tires in a circular motion. After that let the product to enter for 3 to 5 minutes and evenly clean it with a clean, dry cloth. Avoid using any kind of bleach to clean the tires as this could lead to discoloration of the rim and tire.
You can utilize a wheel cleaner and protectant to keep your wheels’ rims clean and defended against corrosive brake dust and road grime. But before using these products, you need to clean and dry your rims and let them to entirely dry. Leave the foam to enter for 1-3 minutes and then clean it with a soft cloth or sponge. After that, systematically wash the wheel and dry with a soft, clean cloth.
Interiors of car are made up of upholstery fabric and leather so you need to use a brush in a slow circular motion evenly pushing on the fabric. Use the water as possible in this process. A fabric cleaner can be used to remove stubborn stains. You need to clean upholstery leather carefully so utilize your preferred leather cleaner with a damp cotton cloth. You should clean upholstery leather more than once for getting best results. You can clean interior plastics with the use of proper cleaner for plastics. Avoid using a strong detergent as it can cause irreparable damage to plastics.
You may know that the engine is the heart of car. If you want to add the life to your car, then you need to take care of an engine and clean it once a month. Never wash a hot engine as it can injure you and can cause damage by spraying water on it. If engine is hot then allow it to be cool. Cover it with some plastic electrical elements like the alternator and the electronic control unit. Eliminate dirt and dust on the hood of the car, vents and grilles aderturas by using a brush to remove. Utilize a good engine degreaser, diluted previous to apply to the motor. Wash it with a hose or pressure washer machine motor, and allow it to dry with the cover open and following elimination of the defensive plastic.
Wash your car with cool water to eliminate loose dirt. Then take a bucket, filled with the recommended water quantity with hot or cold water, and pour the suggested amount of Car Wash (product) into it. Use a sponge, wash mitt, or terry cloth to apply the soapy water generously to the body of the car, beginning from the top down. When the car has been soaped completely, wash it and then dry instantaneously with a soft, dry cloth or chamois.
Lastly, utilize a glass cleaner to clean mirrors, windows, windshields and side glass. The glass cleaner will take away dirt, and leave your glass residue and streak free. Spray the cleaner on the glass and dry it with a paper towel or lint-free cloth. Newspaper can be used as an option to clean the glass to get even enhanced streak-free results. You need to take extra care when cleaning the back window with improper handling.
Here are some tips in the form of “do’s and don’ts” that you need to remember when washing your car:
- First of all wash the complete car with water to eliminate loose dirt.
- Start washing the car from top to bottom as well as wash and rinse one section at a time to avoid a section from drying too rapidly and leaving deposits or residue.
- Rub the car surface softly to loosen dust as forceful rubbing can grind dirt right into the finish, and leave scratches and swirls.
- Rinse with the use of wash mitt or sponge often to avoid accumulated dirt from scratching the paint.
- Utilize plenty of rinse water to remove the dirt.
- Wipe the excess water from the vehicle surface with the use of a soft terry-cloth towel or a high-quality chamois to avoid water spotting after the final rinse.
- If you reside in a climate, where sand or salt is used on the road surface, then you need to pay special attention to the lower part of the car.
- Use a devoted car-wash product as they are milder and specifically designed for use on automotive paint. Use a separate sponge to clean the wheels and tires.
- Do not wash the car, when it is hot.
- Do not wait for a layer of dead bugs, bird droppings, and chemicals from the atmosphere to accumulate before washing. These bio-hazards include complex proteins that tied to the surface and organic acids that enter and break down the surface, if not eliminated on time.
- Avoid the use of household cleaning agents such as hand soap, dishwashing detergent, or glass cleaner on the paint.
- Do not move the sponge in circular motions as this can create light, but noticeable scratches, swirl marks.
You Might Also Like :