FPL (Florida Power & Light Company) is electric utility company which provides power and other services to local communities in Florida. www.fpl.com is official website of FPL. FPL is the principal subsidiary of NextEra Energy. FPL is controlled by the Florida Public Service Commission and constructs basic electric facilities for distributing electricity from generating plants to customers. FPL supplies a vital service to residents, businesses, and governmental entities throughout the state. FPL provides free and secure online way to pay FPL bill. Read ahead online user guide & tips for paying FPL bill.
Logo of FPL
FPL was established before 85 years ago after merging a number of smaller companies which providing power and other services to local communities in Florida. FPL Group operates power generation assets in over 20 U.S. states. FPL is serving about 4.5 million customer accounts. It is one of the most successful energy-efficiency programs in the nation. This is first company outside of Japan which won the Deming Prize in 1989. Dr. Noriaki Kano was one of the consultants that helped FPL to reach this stature. A large power outage raised on February 26, 2008 after eight power plants went off-line in the region which affected approximately 600,000 to 800,000 Florida residents. On January 7, 2009, FPL Energy declared that it was changing its name to NextEra Energy Resources to highlight its commitment to renewable energy.
FPL essentially provides safe, consistent, low cost electric service to customers. The Florida Public Service Commission allows the rates FPL can charge its customers and decides what costs can be included in those rates. It is the Public Service Commission's policy, and FPL accepts that it is excessive to charge all of FPL's customers for bury line in a particular area while a particular person requested placing that line underground.
FPL is creating three solar energy projects, at different locations throughout the state. FPL’s Next Generation Solar Energy Centers will supply renewable energy to customers that will considerably reduce greenhouse gas productions and decrease fossil-fuel usage. Its Next Generation Solar Energy Centers will become the second largest supplier of utility-scale solar power in the nation. FPL uses a different mix fuels at their power plants to create reliable electricity.
Energy-Saving tips of FPL:
- Every month clean or replace your air conditioner's filter to trim your cooling costs and also help your unit run more efficiently.
- Install a programmable thermostat to set the temperature automatically and maximize your energy savings. It also helps to maintain a comfortable temperature when you wake up or return home.
- Cool your home at 78 degrees F (26 degrees C) or warmer with the thermostat fan switch on "auto." Increase your thermostat to 82 degrees or warmer when you are away from home for additional savings.
- Use the auto sensor function on your dryer, if you have one to conserve energy by not over-drying your clothes.
- On your washing machine, adjust the water level to match the load size, especially when using hot water. Always use a cold rinse.
- When you leave the room turns off your ceiling fan. A fan that runs constantly can cost up to $7 a month depending on size and age.
- Avoid pre-rinsing dishes before putting in dishwasher. It can save up to $70 a year.
- Limit the time you run your pool pump -In the summer season no more than six hours a day. In the winter season no more than four hours a day.
- Before every load clean the lint filter in your dryer to dry your clothes faster and save money.
- Heat your home at 68 degrees or cooler with the thermostat fan switch on "auto." Set lower your thermostat to 65 degrees or cooler at bedtime or when you're away from home to save even more.
When you register on FPL.com you can manage your account and get all details of your account. You can also get other services like view account history, pay my bill, power outage, report power issue, start/stop service. Though My Account, you can pay bill, view bill, payment history, billing history, billing history, graph, update account info, select/add account. You can combine FPL Pay Online with their other billing options including FPL E-Mail Bill and FPL Budget Billing.
Billing & Payments:
- Ways to Receive - You can receive your bill by FPL E-Mail Bill.
- Ways to Pay - There are various ways provided to pay FPL bill including FPL automatic bill pay, FPL pay online, FPL pay by phone, checkfree & your bank, credit/debit card.
- Ways to Manage - FPL Budget Billing, FPL 62Plus, and FPL Friendly Reminder are different ways to manage payment.
How to register?
Screenshot of FPL's login page
- Click on Log in which located at left side of the front page of FPL's website, then if you are new click on 'register now'.
- On registration page you need to provide some basic contact information, user ID, password and your secret question and its answer which is useful when you forgot your password or user ID. Lastly also confirm your information and click on Register tab.
- Then you need to provide your FPL account number which found on your bill and last six digits of the Social Security Number associated with the account. You can also add multiple accounts here.
- Click "Continue" to get started.
For understanding your bill:
- Follow step-by-step guide to help you understand the various parts of your bill.
- View Your Bill
- How Bill is Determined
- Read deposit information
- View Service Charges
FPL Automatic Bill Pay:
- After login you will select the automatic withdrawal date from the qualifying period.
- FPL Automatic Bill Pay will begin - your next bill will state "Do Not Pay." Any current balance will need to be paid using your current payment method.
- For FPL Automatic Bill Pay enrollment, you can select how many days after your billing date your payment is withdrawn from your account. You can choose from 11 to 20 days. (i.e., if your bill is issued June 10 and you select 11 days then your payment would be made on June 21.)
- FPL will confirm enrollment with a next-day confirmation e-mail, a welcome letter and a message on your bill.
FPL bill payment by phone:
- Keep your FPL bill and a copy of your check on hand.
- Then call FPL’s customer service number located on the front of your bill from any touch-tone phone, or find your customer service number.
- Press 2 and then 3 on your phone key pad to make a payment. Follow the directions on how to enter your bank account information from the bottom of your check.
- Write down your confirmation number on your bill as your receipt.
FPL also provides its bill pay services by using CheckFree. Nowadays most of the banks and credit unions have partnered with financial management services for offering online billing and payment services. By using CheckFree's E-Bill service you can view and pay your FPL bill for free. But other services may charge a fee.
Pay FPL bill by CheckFree or your bank:
- First of all login at FPL’s CheckFree or your bank’s site by following the instructions provided.
- Put up bills to be paid by registering and providing the information posted on your regular bill.
- Then your E-Bill will be sent monthly and will include the amount, due date and a link to view your bill.
You can also pay your FPL bill by using your credit or debit card services. FPL has partnership with Western Union Speedpay to provide to pay your FPL bill payment service. When you pay bill in this way a convenience fee will apply.
Pay FPL bill by using credit or debit card services:
- Go at the Western Union Speedpay Web site or you may call Western Union Speedpay toll free at 1-800-979-3967. Your MasterCard or Discover Card, your ATM/debit card with the STAR, NYCE, ACCEL or PULSE logo from a financial institution that is enrolled in the PIN-less ATM Bill Payment Program, FPL account number, your service address zip code, the billing address for your card (must be a U.S. or Canadian address) etc. are required.
- Over $10 will not be accepted.
- Then you will receive a confirmation number immediately and keep this number for your records.
- Your payment will be posted in just few minutes to your FPL account.
For more information, visit FPL's official website www.fpl.com.
You Might Also Like :