GATE 2015 Online registration has been started so interested candidates can apply for the exam online at the zonal GATE websites of IISc or the IITs. Know about the application fees, important dates and how to apply for GATE 2015.
Every year lakhs of students appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) across the country to get admission into a prestigious institution and PSU jobs. GATE is among the toughest competitive exams with intense competition. Students, who are interested to appear in GATE 2015, can apply online for the examination through the zonal GATE websites of IISc or the IITs, as the registration process has been started from September 1. The registration process will be continued till October 1, 2014.
This year online is the only way to submit GATE application forms and supporting documents for appearing in GATE 2015 Exam. GATE is not accepting any hard copies. Just like that, payments are also made online through debit/ATM cards, credit cards, internet banking or e-challan via State Bank of India or Axis Bank. The application fees are Rs 1500 for General/OBC Male and Rs 750 for female/ SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
Candidates are required to download their admit card online via GATE 2015 website from 17th December 2014. GATE 2015 examinations will be conducted on Saturdays and Sundays (during forenoon and afternoon sessions) between January 31, 2015 and February 14, 2015 by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). Before examination, photograph and fingerprints may be captured for randomly selected candidates.
All the papers will be conducted in online mode and some of the exams will be held in multiple sessions. There will be Multiple Choice Questions and some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed via the virtual keypad. The result of GATE 2015 will be announced on 12th March 2015, which is valid for 3 years from the date of announcement.
How to Apply for GATE 2015?
Candidates can start applying for the examination by accessing gate.iisc.ernet.in, www.gate.iitb.ac.in, gate.iitd.ac.in, www.iitg.ernet.in/gate, gate.iitk.ac.in, gate.iitkgp.ac.in, gate.iitm.ac.in and www.iitr.ac.in/gate.
- Visit one of the eight zonal GATE websites of IISc or the IITs.
- Then, get registered with the site by providing your personal details. After registration, you will get an Enrolment ID by e-mail and SMS.
- Now, login the website using the Enrolment ID (received by e-mail and SMS) and password (used during registration).
- Hit “Edit Application Form” button to get Candidate Application Form Page. Fill all the required information: exam details, personal details, communication details and qualifying degree details.
- After that, upload photograph, signature & documents and make payment (E-Challan payment/Netbanking).
- Finally, download and print the pdf file of your enrollment application form for your personal records and for further communications.
Commencement of Online Application : 1st September 2014
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 1st October 2014
Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login: 21st November 2014
Availability of Admit Card Online for printing: 17th December 2014
GATE 2015 Online Examination: 31st January, 1st, 7th, 8th and 14th February, 2015
Timing of Examination:
Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
Announcement of Results: 12th March 2015
Application Fee for GATE 2015
- For General/OBC Male candidates: Rs.1500
- For Women Candidates: Rs.750
- For General & OBC other candidates: Rs.1500
- For SC/ST/PD candidates: Rs.750
You Might Also Like :
- GATE 2010 Entrance: Exam Dates & Application Forms
- JMET 2011 Notification - Joint Management Entrance Test 2011 Dates
- JMET 2011 : Question Paper, Exam Date Notifications & Results
- Get IISc PhD Admissions Details at IISc.Ernet.In
- PGECET Exam Notification, Dates & results 2010
- SCRA Exam 2014 Application Dates, Fee and Exam Pattern