A beverage, Soymilk is made from soybeans. Soy Milk is a steady emulsion of protein, oil, and water and produced by soaking arid soybeans and crushing them with water. In Soymilk, about the same proportion of protein as cow's milk: around 3.5%; also 2% fat, 2.9% carbohydrate, and 0.5% ash is included. With traditional kitchen tools or with a soymilk machine, Soymilk can be made at home. For people who are unable to drink cow's milk, Soymilk has long been a popular alternative.
Benefits of Soy Milk:
- First benefit of soymilk is that, it has extra protein and fiber
- It also helps in fighting the symptoms of menopause and in promoting eye health
- Soymilk has isoflavones, which are actually chemicals very similar to the hormone estrogen. Isoflavones deal with many health issues; most important being the prevention of various cancers, heart disease, osteoporosis, etc
- Soymilk is safe for people with lactose intolerance, or milk allergy
- Soymilk has little saturated fat and no cholesterol
- As it does not contain galactose, Soymilk can safely replace breast milk in children with Galactosemia
- Soy milk lacks casein and is a good source of lecithin and vitamin E
Nutrition In Soy Milk:
|Regular Soymilk||Lite Soymilk (reduced fat)|
The Hidden Dangers of Soymilk:
Beside a healthy milk substitute, soymilk can also play with your health, because many people can not digest it and face serious health problems like cramping, nausea, and more. In Indonesia and China, soy is a dietary staple -- soy eating has been connected to a reduced risk of chronic diseases according to soy Industry. A traditional method of preparation of Soy is known as fermentation, this process is thousands of years old, and removes the toxins found in unprocessed soy. Soybeans unsurprisingly include toxins meant to ward off insect predators, to add a layer of protection to the soil, it was initially used in Asia. The way soymilk is processed in the United States, the toxics are not removed.
Soymilk is made by washing the beans in alkaline or boiling them in a petroleum-based solvent; bleaching, deodorizing, and pumping them full of additives; heat-blasting and crushing them into flakes; and then mixing them with water. This means, without removing any of the toxins, they are adding more chemicals that are dangerous. It is a quick cheap process, and costs more than milk so the effects of Soymilk can include.
- Anti-nutrients that prevent your body from absorbing essential minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc that could lead to osteoporosis.
- Goitrogens can cause gout and thyroid problems.
- Enzyme inhibitors make it harder for your body to absorb protein.
- Hemagglutinin a substance that can promote blood clots.
For those that are lactose intolerant, try Goat, Rice or Almond Milk instead.
Video of Why Soy is not a healthy food from youtube:
You Might Also Like :