A non-ministerial department of the British Government principally in charge for the assortment of taxes and the payment of some forms of state support is HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs). You can get full information regarding HMRC Employers through HMRC' official website www.hmrc.gov.uk/employers. In this article, refer the important details of hmrc.gov.uk employers rates limits, employers do it online and emp form.
About HM Revenue & Customs
By a merger of the Inland Revenue and Her Majesty's Customs and Excise, HM Revenue & Customs formed on the 18 April 2005. To make certain that the money is accessible to fund the UK's public services is the main purpose of it. With targeted monetary support, they also help families and individuals.
The department is liable for the administration and collection of direct taxes including income tax and corporation tax, capital taxes like capital gains tax and inheritance tax, indirect taxes (including value added tax), excise duties and stamp duty land tax, and environmental taxes like air passenger duty and the climate change levy. Work is still ongoing on their office restructuring program.
HM Revenue & Customs Employers Portal - www.hmrc.gov.uk/employers
Visit the website www.hmrc.gov.uk and see the heading of Employers on the top. When you click on Employers option, you will arrive on the page of Employers (www.hmrc.gov.uk/employers).
Screenshot of www.hmrc.gov.uk
1. Employers rates limits (www.hmrc.gov.uk/employers/rates_and_limits.htm)
PAYE (Pay as you earn) and NICs rates and limits for the year 2009-10
Rates: The tax rates are:
- 20 per cent up to £37,400 (basic rate)
- 40 per cent over £37,400 (higher rate)
- The PAYE thresholds (the level of earnings at which tax becomes payable) is £125.00 weekly and £540.00 monthly.
Every year in February, they will send you an Employer CD-ROM, which includes up to date rates and allowances followed by an updated version of the CD-ROM in April/May. You will get a revised edition of this helpbook in the ‘Forms & Helpbooks’ section of the updated edition of your Employer CD-ROM, if any rates vary as a result of the Budget. Otherwise, you can view a copy of the revised helpbook or order a paper copy from the Employer Orderline on 08457 646 646. You will have to make sure that this has updated to incorporate the new rates and limits included in this helpbook, if you use payroll software.
This booklet will help you to get information of:
- Funding of SMP, SPP and SAP
- National Minimum Wage
- Collection of Student Loans
- Pay As You Earn (PAYE) thresholds and rates
- Mileage payments
- Class 1 National Insurance rates and earnings limits
- Class 1A National Insurance rate
- Class 1B National Insurance rate
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP), Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP), Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP) and Statutory Adoption Pay (SAP) rates
Read more in the Pdf format about PAYE and NICs rates and limits for the year 2009-10 from www.hmrc.gov.uk/helpsheets/e12.pdf.
2. Employers do it online (www.hmrc.gov.uk/employers/doitonline)
This page will help you to guide how to file PAYE forms online and paying electronically. For employers and their agents use, they have desined this Internet 'handbook'. It locates out what you require to be familiar with on the subject of filing your Employer's Annual Return (P14s and P35) online.
Online filing support: If you want help with filing online:
- Visit the PAYE Online for employers
- To see if you qualify for filing online before 2010, go to tax-free payments for small employer’s page
- Notice your Employer CD-ROM (you can get a free copy by calling at 0845 7 646 646)
- Call HMRC Online Services Helpline at 0845 6 055 999 [Monday to Friday: 8am - 10pm and Saturday - Sunday: 10am - 6pm]
- Call on 0845 6 055 999 for Electronic Data Interchange help and for Electronic payment call Banking Operations Cumbernauld on 01236 783631, or Banking Operations Shipley on 01274 539328.
3. Employers emp form (www.hmrc.gov.uk/employers/emp-form.htm)
Forms and publications for employers
Download most usually used forms, tables and helpbooks for setting up and running a payroll system from this section. Few forms and publications are not obtainable for download. If you want copies of publications concerning to the 2009-10 tax year, then pursue the link near the end of this page. To download and print employer payroll forms immediately, follow the link(search2.hmrc.gov.uk/kbroker/hmrc/forms/start.jsp). From the employer orderline, you can order it online or by phone, if the form you require is not accessible for download.
Tables for calculating PAYE tax and NICs:
|Publication name and reference||When to use|
|Taxable pay tables: calculator method (PDF 67K)||6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011|
|Taxable pay tables: manual method (PDF 89K)||6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011|
|Tables A: pay adjustment tables (PDF 697K)||Until further notice|
|CA38: NICs tables A and J (PDF 444K)||6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011|
|CA41: NICs tables B and C (PDF 373K)||6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011|
|CA40: Employee only contributions for employers or employees authorised to pay their own contributions (PDF 218K)||6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011|
|CA42: NICs tables for foreign-going mariners and deep-sea fishermen (PDF 1.89MB)||6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011|
|CA39: NICs tables for employers with contracted-out salary related scheme (COSRS) (PDF 468K)||6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011|
|CA43: NICs tables for employers with contracted-out money purchase schemes (COMPS) (PDF 1.01MB)||6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011|
Running your payroll
|Publication name and reference||When to use|
|P9X Tax codes to use from 6 April 2010 (PDF 39K)||From 6 April 2010|
|P49: Paying someone for the first time (PDF 2.79MB)||6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011|
|E13: Day-to-day payroll (PDF 330K)||6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011|
|E12: PAYE and NICs rates and limits (PDF 91K)||6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011|
|E11: Starting the tax year (PDF 715K)||Applies to 2010-11 tax year|
|E10: Finishing the tax year (PDF 420K)||Applies to 2009-10 tax year|
|CWG2: Employer further guide to PAYE and NICs (PDF 1.41MB)||6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011|
|CA44: National Insurance for company directors (PDF 851K)||6 April 2010 to 5 April 2011|
You Might Also Like :
- HMRC Helpline - Tax Credits Calculator 2010 for UK
- Vi Dol Jobs
- New Hampshire Unemployment Insurance Benefits Available at www.nh.gov/nhes
- Get SARS Tax tables 2010 from sars.gov.za tax tables
- Tamilnadu Employment Exchange Online Registration Guide at employment.tn.gov.in
- Illinois Unemployment Benefits at Ides.state.il.us