Having dark armpits or inner thighs can be extremely annoying and embarrassing at the same time. Darkening of the armpit skin may occur due to a number of reasons like excessive seating, improper cleaning, accumulation of dead cells, poor ventilation of underarms, use of alcohol-based deodorants & antiperspirants, excessive smoking, even due to some health problems such as diabetes or obesity. In the worst cases, dark armpits are accompanied by some other problems like sweating, bad odor, and itching too.
When it comes to dark skin around the inner thighs, it can be attributed to various factors such as friction caused between inner thighs while walking & doing other activities, over exposure to sun rays, use of tight-fitting clothes, etc. Now, if you are having dark underarms or inner thighs, there is nothing to worry about as they are not a serious medical problem. You can definitely get rid of these disgusting skin problems quickly and easily with some home remedies. A few such safe, effective, and affordable remedies are given below. Try them out and say good bye to dark underarms and inner thighs without fearing any kind of side effects.
Home Remedies for Dark Underarms
1, Lemon is considered to be one of the best treatments for darkened armpits. Just take a slice or piece of a fresh lemon and rub it on the pigmented area to lighten the skin.
2, Try using baking soda or alum instead of deodorants or anti-perspirants. Apply them directly over your underarms. This will absorb extra moisture and thus prevents the area from developing a foul smell.
3, Applying Vitamin E Oil directly to the skin is also an effective treatment for black underarms. This Vitamin E oil greatly improves smoothness and suppleness of the skin making it look healthier and less rough.
4, Mix pure sandalwood powder with some rose water to make a thick paste, then simply apply it on your armpits. This remedy does whiten your underarms as well as prevents the problem of body odor.
5, Simply rubbing a small amount of coconut oil on the darkened area can also help you to get rid of this problem of dark armpits. Do this everyday for optimum results.
6, Potatoes are extremely effective in lightening the pigmentation naturally. Apply some potato juice on the dark underarms area. Let it stay there for about ten to fifteen minutes and then rinse it off. Likewise, you can also rub raw tomato slices onto the darkened areas to lighten the skin tone.
7, Mix equal amounts of cucumber juice & lime juice along with a pinch of turmeric powder and make a paste out of it. Apply this paste on your underarms and leave it for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off using lukewarm water. Since ages, this paste has been used as a common household remedy for the treatment of dark underarms. Because of its acidic properties, the lime juice can soak up extra moisture and sweat in the armpit area and this in turn prevents the accumulation of dead cells which actually cause darkening of the skin. On the other hand, the cucumber juice acts as a superb cooling agent that reduces itching and other skin irritations whereas the turmeric powder would inhibit discoloration.
8, You can even make your own skin cream at home to treat dark underarms. For this, mix a small amount of water with 3 drops of olive oil, 3 drops of wheat germ oil, 3 drops of jojoba oil, and 3 drops of any citrus oil of your choice. Shake this mixture well before applying it to the darkened areas of the skin. Apply this oil mix daily to get the desired results.
9, Mix lemon juice & granulated sugar and apply it to the underarms area. Let it dry for around 15-20 minutes. After that, gently scrub the underarms with some more sugar. This works as a brilliant exfoliator for the skin and eventually lightens the skin tone.
10, Make a paste by mixing 1 tbsp of ground flour, 1 tbsp of curd, 1 tbsp of milk, and a pinch of turmeric. Now, apply this paste on affected areas and then wash it off when it dries (wait for at least half an hour). For the first 14 days, follow this remedy on a daily basis and then you can reduce it to three times a week to get better and faster results.
11, Take some gram flour, yogurt, fresh lemon juice, and a small amount of turmeric powder. Mix all these ingredients together to make a paste then directly apply it onto your armpits. Rinse it off nicely with water after around half an hour. For best results, it is recommended to apply this paste every second day.
12, Grind some dried orange peels properly. Now, prepare a thick paste out of ground orange peel by mixing them with some rose water and milk. Apply this scrub on darkened area and rub it off gently. Lastly, rinse it using cold water.
13, Mix some cucumber juice with honey and apply the mixture directly onto your underarms to lighten the skin tone.
14, Take out the pulp from a ripe papaya and add some lemon juice to it. Apply this paste on the affected area and gently rub the skin with it for a few minutes. Then, rinse it off with plain water.
15, Take a few tbsp of rice flour and mix it with strong vinegar. After taking a hot shower, apply this paste on the skin of your armpits. Allow it to stay there for at least 15 minutes and then wash it off using lukewarm water.
Some precautions and useful tips to prevent dark underarms from developing:
- In place of commercial deodorants or anti-perspirants, make use of talcum powder or anti-fungal powder.
- Always opt for waxing instead of shaving. Waxing not only helps in removing underarm hair but also acts as an exfoliater because when you strip off the wax, it will remove the layer of dead cells as well. Now if you simply cannot tolerate waxing and there is no option other than shaving, then make sure that you are using a new blade every time and never forget to apply an antiseptic or anti-microbial cream to the area after shaving. By doing so, you will prevent the problems like ingrown hairs, skin rashes, and further skin discoloration.
- Ensure that you exfoliate the area on regular basis. Plus, keep the skin clean and dry all the time.
- Take showers more often especially when the weather is hot. This will help you prevent the build up of bacteria that cause pigmentation and bad body odor.
- Avoid hair removal creams at all costs because they contain a number of hazardous chemicals that can cause some adverse skin reaction in many people. When these products are used for prolonged period of time, they can even cause permanent damage to the sensitive skin of the armpits.
- Try to wear cotton clothes whenever possible as they are unbelievably good at absorbing sweat. And if you are wearing clothes other than cotton then see to it that they are loosely fitted around your arms.
- Drink a lot of water & fruit juices and keep your system fully hydrated.
Home Remedies for Dark Inner Thighs
1, Mix oatmeal, yoghurt and fresh lemon juice to make a thick paste. Apply this mixture to the skin and leave it there for about 15 to 30 minutes. Now, when this pack dries up, wash it off nicely with lukewarm water. Regular application of this homemade pack will surely help you a lot to cure dark and rough inner thighs skin.
2, Apply a little lemon juice on the affected area and allow it to stay there for around five minutes. When the juice begins to dry up, start scrubbing it with sugar. However, make sure you scrub it gently or otherwise it may result in itching and scratching problems. Leave it for around fifteen minutes and then rinse it off with water. Follow this procedure at least two times a week.
3, Take a fresh lemon, cut it into half then softly rub it on the skin for around fifteen minutes. Then, rinse it well using lukewarm water and finally apply some cold cream or a thin layer of olive oil on the skin so as to eliminate the drying effect of lemon juice. If you follow this procedure on regular basis for a couple of weeks, then certainly it will lighten the skin tone and help you to get back your fairer skin.
4, Massaging the affected areas with pure aloe vera gel will also help repair the skin also reduce inflammation.
5, Take 1 tsp of honey, milk powder, and lemon juice, then mix all of them together to make a fine paste. After adding a few drops of almond oil, rub this paste on your dark inner thighs. Leave it for around 15-20 minutes before washing it off.
6, Prepare a paste by mixing some sandalwood powder with rosewater. Now gently massage the affected areas with this paste for around two to three minutes. Afterwards, allow it to stay there for 15 to 20 minutes and finally wash it off.
7, Take equal amounts of three ingredients: glycerin, fresh lime juice, and rose water. Apply this mixture on to the darkened skin. For best results, apply it before going to bed then rinse it off the next morning.
8, Sandalwood powder mixed with cucumber juice is another effective remedy to get back your fairer inner thighs. Make sure to apply it once on a daily basis.
9, Apply a paste made from gram flour, fresh curd, and a pinch of turmeric on the darkened areas everyday. Leave the paste there for a few minutes and then wash it off properly with water.
10, You can also apply a mixture of fresh lemon juice and olive oil to get rid of those dark inner thighs.
11, Prepare a homemade mask with yogurt and oatmeal. Regular application of this mask will surely show you brilliant result within a few days and it will lighten out the dark skin patches between your legs.
12, Take some chilled potato slices and gently rub them on your inner thighs. After that, rinse it off using water.
13, Crush some sesame seeds coarsely, powder the dried mint leaves, then blend them together with a small amount of honey. Apply this mixture directly on to the skin. By doing so on the regular basis, it will help remove tan even lighten color tone.
Some precautions and useful tips to prevent dark inner thighs from developing:
- Avoid using tight-fitting clothes or undergarments that can bring about friction or excess of sweating in the area. So, always try to wear comfortable (preferably cotton) clothes. Wearing this type of attire will definitely avoid constant rubbing between the thigh areas. Thus, it will prevent further darkening of the skin.
- Before taking a bath, massage the skin with some oil (like seasame oil, olive oil, or sunflower oil). This will help soften your skin. Plus, during a bath, make sure to go easy on the soap also avoid bathing using very hot water. And gently rub over the area using a loofah sponge or a rough towel.
- Immediately after the bath, always remember to apply a body lotion while the skin is still moist.
- Avoid over-exposure to sun rays.
- Heavy women with heavy thighs are more likely to develop dark inner thighs. Hence, if you are over weight and you have big thighs then without any delay adopt the habit of regular exercise in order to maintain a healthy weight.
- Keep your skin hydrated by consuming two liters of water a day.
Now, if you’ve tried all of these home remedies for dark underarms & dark inner thighs and still you can’t see any improvement, then it’s time to consult your problem with a dermatologist.
You Might Also Like :