Earthlink is an Internet and email supplier, which can be access on any iPhone. If you are users of the Earthlink Webmail and have an iPhone then there is a small app available in the app store that permits the user to test their Earthlink Webmail on their smartphone and is recognized as an Earthlink Webmail for iPhone. The details about how to access Earthlink Webmail in iPhone is mentioned here.
iPhone has the ability to check e-mail accounts from the device itself. This phone contains a fitted Mail client, which is parallel to the Mail application accessible to users of Apple's Mac OS X desktop operating system. People who use Earthlink as their internet service supplier are able to set up their iPhone or iPod touch to obtain and send mail from their accounts within five minutes.
Earthlink customers have to manually set up the connection for iPhone use. When the proper settings have been installed, Earthlink will turn into a user's primary Internet and email client for the iPhone browser and mail application. EarthLink’s Mobile Web Mail page provides a speedy way to check your email from any web enabled phone. Earthlink Webmail iPhone app version 1.0.5 is well-matched with the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad running iOS 3.0. It is free iPhone app download from iTunes.
Process to access Earthlink Webmail in iPhone:
- Search the Settings application in the iPhone's home screen and knock it. Up to the seventh option, Scroll down the settings, "Mail, Contacts, Calendars," and knock that, on older operating systems this is heading just "Mail."
- In the Accounts section, select "Add Account" option. When the list of providers present, tap "Other." You have to go for settings for a generic mail account.
- Fill up the details as requested. In the name, enter the name you would like to appear on the messages you sent. The e-mail becomes your account username plus @earthlink.net. Enter some description that will assist you recognize the account when in the Mail application on the iPhone.
- Go through the settings as follows. Beneath "Incoming Mail Server," the hostname is pop.earthlink.net and the username your complete e-mail address. Smtpauth.earthlink.net is the hostname for "Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)." Enter again username and email address. Enter your password here. When complete, press on "Save."
- Go out from Settings application and get back to the home screen. Now open the Mail application by tapping on it. Check your settings by sending a message to yourself. If it is done successfully, then the setup is finish. If it is not done properly, then proceed with the following.
- Knock Settings once again, and again tap "Mail, Contacts, and Calendars." Choose the account you have just formed by tapping on it. Knock on the advanced tab in your account settings.
- Modify the "Outgoing Settings" to roll "Use SSL" on, and authenticate using a password. Be sure that the server port should be 587. Do not make any change in the "Incoming Settings" portion. Save it and go out to the home screen.
- Check out your settings by sending a message to yourself. If these both methods do not work, then call customer support to make sure that you are not experiencing any problems with your account or a system outage.
You Might Also Like :