Facebook is such a user-friendly Website that will allow you to be able to add a lot of friends to your profile. Apart from being able to send invites to your friends’ email addresses, Facebook also allows you to import your friends’ email addresses, direct from the addressbook of your web email like Hotmail, Gmail, AOL or Yahoo, or from your email application like Outlook or Apple Mail. Friends receive incites to join and add you on Facebook so that you can view and share information with each other. Aside from inviting friends via email, you can also manually search for your friends. Facebook allows you to custom search people from your network. Searches can be filtered by location, by school or by workplace. The filter search by school also allows you to search people on a specific class year.
In addition to being able to reconnect with old friends and family members you have not seen for a long time, Facebook also gives you the opportunity to meet new people. You don’t call it a networking site for nothing. So how can you actually add a lot of friends on Facebook? You can network based on your hobbies and interests. There are different groups and fan pages that you can join to meet new people. A wide range of groups and fan pages, from business, to Internet and technology, to entertainment and arts, to sports and recreation, basically almost anything and everything, can be found in Facebook. You can even create your own group or fan page if you want so that you can gather people who share the same ideas and interests as yours. Networking with lots of people might come in handy, especially if you are to start your own online retail shop, or something similar.
Adding friends on facebook :
- Log on to Facebook to start searching for your friends.
- Head to the "My Friends" page. You will see a list of your current friends with a few quick details about them.
- Click on either the "Friend Finder" tab or the "Search Your Address Book" link to import your contacts. Both will take your to a short form asking for your external email address and password.
- Enter your email address and password in the proper form fields. Only contacts from Hotmail, AOL, Gmail, MSN and Yahoo accounts can be directly imported, as you'll notice from the drop-down menu.
- Click the "Find Friends" button. You will be taken to a page with your external address book specs, including a count of the contacts who are already your friends on Facebook.
- Check the boxes next to the contacts you want to add and hit the "Add to Friends" button. Your request will be sent to your friend's account for their approval.
Find Friends on Facebook :
- Follow the "Search" link after logging in to Facebook. You will be given the option of searching for people in and out of your network.
- Enter a name in the "Search For" box. You only need to enter two letters if you aren't quite sure of the spelling. Use the drop-down menu to select the network you want to search.
- Use "Advanced Search" if you want to find a friend based on criteria that include his or her email address, favorite activities and political views.
- Click on the "Add to Friends" link next to your friend's name. While you can't view his or her profile, you can use the photo and basic details to decide if you're adding the right person.
Lastly, promoting your Facebook profile is also possible with Facebook’s Profile Badge. With the Profile Badge, you can gain more friends especially if they see your Profile Badge on your other Websites. You can post it on Websites like Blogger, TypePad, or other Websites by copying the Profile Badge code and pasting it to your other profiles. Once you hit the magic number of 5,000 friends on Facebook, people will recieve the ‘already has too many friends’ message when trying to add you.
How To Add Lots of Friends To Facebook Easily (Video)
You Might Also Like :