When you are trying to get admission in the prestigious college or going on interview for particular job; you might have asked to show original or to give attested xerox copy of domicile certificate to ensure that you are resident or domicile of particular state and country. If you provide your domicile certificate at educational institutions, at government services or during job placement; then your chances to get admission or job increase as you come in Domicile/Resident Quotas of particular institute or job location.
Where is Domicile Certificate Used?
Meaning of domicile is “the residence where you have your permanent home or principal establishment and to where, you intend to return whenever you are absent; every person is compelled to have one and only one domicile at a time.”
You can use your domicile certificate to get advantages of domicile/resident quotas reservation in educational institutes, government services and at different companies during your interview. You can also use your domicile certificate at every place where you have to give proof of resident.
What documents are needed to apply for domicile certificate?
If you want to apply for domicile certificate, then you have to keep ready original and attested photocopies of documents as given below:
1. Residence Proof: For resident proof you can give any one or two of the documents from Ration Card /Rent or Maintenance Receipt / Landline Telephone Bill / Electricity Bill
2. Identity proof: You can includes any one of the document from election card/ aadhaar card or receipt/driving license as your identity proof
3. School leaving certificate of your own/Son/ Daughter / Ward / applicant
4. Your Birth certificate/ passport (optional but useful)
5. Affidavit in Prescribed Format (if asked)
6. Tehsil inquiry report
7. Passport size photos
How to apply for domicile certificate online?
To apply for domicile certificate online, you have to visit particular site of state government where you have to scan your all documents to fill the online application form by following online instructions.
Or you can also apply manually at following government offices with all the above mentioned documents to reduce the process time: The Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Tehsil office, Revenue Department Office or Office of District Collector.
Important note you should keep in mind when you apply for domicile certificate:
- After marriage, if woman have to migrate to other state where she does not originally belong and want to apply for domicile certificate, then she can apply for only if her husband is legal residents of the state.
- To apply for domicile certificate at more than one state is considered to be illegal.
Visit indiangovernmentwebsite.com to get detailed information of Eligibility, Concerned Authority, Procedure, Necessary documents/papers, Fee and other requirements for particular state to apply for domicile certificate.
You Might Also Like :
- Tamilnadu Employment Exchange Online Registration Guide at employment.tn.gov.in
- How to apply for marriage certificate in India?
- CatIim.in: Get CAT IIM Exam Notification & Results
- Kanpur University Admission : Forms & Announcement
- How to apply for Google Job online?
- Ideas to give Best Gifts For Job Seekers