People who are searching job in the travel industry can find job at their local airport. Southwest airlines, the most well-known low-cost airline in the world provides great career opportunities for job seekers. Southwest Airlines provides various entry level jobs from loading & unloading luggage to scheduling flights to flying a plane. If you are the one who is seeking job at Southwest Airlines then you can apply for the job online at the official website Southwest Airlines. Here is a guide how to apply for Southwest Airlines jobs online.
All the available jobs at Southwest Airlines are posted on official website. Job seekers can search the job by state or category. There is no need for registration to view all job listings. If you find any interesting job then you can apply through the web site. Before applying, you must have a valid e-mail address as the company will do all the communication regarding your application through e-mail.
Full-time or part-time jobs differ from location to location. To post your resume, you need to register at the website. While applying for the job online, make sure that your application is complete and error-free. Before submitting the application, check grammar and spelling carefully in the application. Currently, at Southwest Airlines, there are 62 open positions. The minimum age to apply for a Flight Attendant position is 20 years, for Pilot position 23 years and for all other positions 18 years.
Southwest Airlines provide many benefits to their employees. They let their employees to travel for free on the airline (including eligible dependent children, spouses and parents), give discounts on flights with other carriers and other discounts. Southwest Airlines also provide a profit sharing plan, 401(k) plan and an employee stock purchase plan. Employees get cafeteria-style health benefits plan which includes Dental Coverage, Long Term Disability Insurance, Vision Coverage, Life Insurance and Medical Coverage. Along with all these benefits, Employees also get leadership and personal development training.
How to apply for Southwest Airlines Jobs online?
- Visit official website of Southwest Airlines, www.southwest.com and click on “Careers” option which is located below the “About Southwest” navigation at the bottom of the page.
- Then click on “Our Positions” and you will see the categories like At Airport, On the Phone, On the Plane, Fly the Plane, etc. Hit on the categories in which you are interested to apply for the job and press on “View Job Listings".
- Now, you can see all the available jobs in that particular category. Hit on the job you want and then press “Apply Now” button. You have to enter the resume in one of the following way: cut and paste a text resume from your files, resume from your documents to upload or use Southwest Airlines' resume wizard to create your resume.
- After entering the resume, you have to fill some personal information such as address, phone number and how you heard about the job. Now go to the next page.
- Here you will be asked EEQ (Equal Employment Opportunity) questions. It is not compulsory to answer these questions so you can avoid if you want.
- Then on the next page, you have to give information that whether you have a high school diploma or equivalent, your age and you are authorized to work in the United States by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986 or not. They also ask you whether you can read, write and understand English as well as other questions related to selected job. Then answer yes to the questions that you have answered all questions truthfully and to get information about the job via email.
- Then lastly, review your application and submit it. Once you submit the application, you will receive a confirmation email and if you are accepted, the company will call you for an in-person interview.
There is also another way to apply for Southwest Airlines Jobs online.
- Visit www.southwest.com and hit on “Careers” option below the “About Southwest” navigation at the bottom of the page. After that, press the “View All postings” button on the left side of the homepage.
- After that, search the job according to category or state. If you want to search job by state, click on “By State” and you can see the names of the states.
- Click on the particular state in which you want the job and all the jobs available in that state will appear.
- Hit on the job that you are interested and press “Apply Now” button. Then follow the same procedure as mentioned above.
- If you want to search job by category, click on “By Category” option and you will see different categories like Airport positions, Corporate positions, etc.
- Press the particular category in which you want the job and all the jobs available in that category will appear.
- Click on the job that you are interested and press “Apply Now” button. Then follow the same procedure as mentioned above.
You Might Also Like :