What is EV–Do?
“Evolution-Data Optimized” or “Evolution-Data only”, Abbreviated as EV-DO or EVDO and often EV, is a telecommunications standard for the wireless transmission of data through radio signals, typically for broadband internet access. It can have speed up to 2 Mbps.
What are the advantages of wireless broadband connection with EVDO Card?
- It can work with speed up to 2Mbps.
- It can be used anywhere in the city. (Conditions Apply)
- Fast downloads due to higher speed access, at least 4.5 to 140 times faster then dial-up connection.
- Always on connection.
- No need of cable maintenance.
- Unlimited download / upload available at the cheapest rate of Rs.999/ Month.
- Available with USB/PCMCIA and can be used in desktop or laptop.
- It is very handy to carry any where.
Procedure for installation of EVDO Card:
- CD is Auto Run.
- Insert the small CD provided with the EVDO card.
- Run setup.exe
- Click on Next three times.
- Click on install.
- Wait for sometime. After that, a message will appear as “Please insert your device to complete the installation.”
- Insert your EVDO card in USB port.
- Automatically everything will be installed.
- Click on FINISH. Message will appear as “ Your hardware is successfully installed & ready to use ”.
- To check whether card is successfully installed or not, follow the below mentioned path.
Start / Settings /Control Panel / System /Hardware / device manager Click on Port (COM & LPT), it will show ZTE diagnostics interface 6000 (COM-X) and ZTE NMEA device (COM-XX) Click on Modem, it will show ZTE USB Modem 6000.
- A short cut of ZTE EVDO will be created on the desktop.
- Double click on it.
- Click on settings ( 3rd icon on right side )
- Type #777 in phone, Type username and password as “cdma” and “cdma”.
- Click on Apply.
- Click on OK.
- Click on globe once to connect and disconnect.
- Click on internet explorer to open the site.
- Within a second, a message will appear as “Internet is connected”.
You Might Also Like :
- BSNL EVDO 3G Data Card : Tariff Plans & Availability
- Verizon Prepaid Data Plan
- Tata Photon Plus Plans: 2010's Postpaid & Prepaid Plans
- Linksys WRT54GS2 Wireless-G 4 Port Broadband Router : Specs, Price & review
- Tata Indicom Broadband 2.0 Plan Details & Tariff
- Airtel data card Tariff Plan - Cost & Features