Cbec.nsdl.com is the official website of Central Board of Excise and Customs service (CBEC). The website offers various services for tax payment including, E-Payment of Excise & Service Tax option, Challan Status Enquiry, Online filling of challans and Service Tax Online Payment of taxes, and download Proforma for Central Excise or Service Tax Payments, Bank List etc. Central Board of Excise & Customs receives information and keeps up-to-date records of paid tax which is uploaded via e-tax challan online and this whole process of uploading is called as EASIEST (Electronic Accounting System in Excise and Service Tax).
The Central Board of Excise and Customs is the national agency dependable for administering customs and excise in India. Now the tax payers can pay their tax and custom duty online by accessing the internet facility of the banks. The CBEC offers e-payment facility for service tax payment only for those who are paying Rs. 50 lakhs or more duty or tax in the preceding financial year, or those who had already paid Rs. 50 lakhs or more in the current financial year.
With E-payment facility tax-payer can pay their tax from anywhere anytime. E-payment of Central Excise and Service Tax is a conventional payment methods offered to the customer from the banks. First time tax payers have to register with the authorized 24 banks offering e-payment facility. NSDL website provides the Central Excise and Service tax e-payment service for the online tax pay.
How to make e-Payment of Service Tax:
1. If you want pay service tax via e-payment service, then below is given stepwise information about e-payment of CBES:
2. First you have to visit at the official website of NSDL (National Securities Depository Ltd.) www.nsdl.co.in and click on the ‘Central Excise & Service tax (Online System)’ option, stayed at the right side bottom of the homepage.
3. Then open the Electronic Accounts System in Excise and Service tax of CBEC page, where you can find ‘E-Payment (Excise & Service Tax)’ option, click on it.
4. Open a E-payment page, where you can see ‘Bank List’ link, click on it, and full list of Banks is given that offering e-payment facility at present, then click on please click here bottom side of the page.
5. You will come on same page of EASIEST e-payment, then enter the 15 digit Assessee Code, if this assessee code is valid then you can see relating information on the screen like, Name Address, City, State, Commissionerate code etc.
6. The Taxpayers now have to select the Service Tax paid option and type of tax, then click on ‘Select Accounting Codes for Service Tax’ then you will see Accounting Code for selection.
7. Then select the account codes and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
8. Then go to the next step, where respective accounting codes will be displayed that you have been selected. And next, select ‘Bank name’, from which the payment has to be processed from the drop down menu, click ‘Proceed’ button.
9. Then taxpayers have to select for making payment option by clicking on ‘Submit to the Bank’ button.
10. After the taxpayer have to login into the net-banking portal site with the user id/ password provided by the bank for net-banking purpose and enter payment details at the bank site.
11. Enter tax amount and the Taxpayer must select the Debit Account and provide the Transaction Password, after entering transaction password CBEC payment confirmation page is displayed on the screen.
Online e-Payment Advantages:
- Ease of operation and convenience
- Service is normally free of charge.
- On-line filling of challans and payment of taxes (No more queues and waiting)
- Instant Cyber Receipts for payment made
- Availability of the facility is on 24x7 basis
- Challans delivered at door step and
You Might Also Like :
- How to use Servicetax.gov.in for Service Tax Online Payment?
- Income Tax Challan 280 Form - Advance Tax Challan ITNS 280 Download
- How to check online Income Tax Refund Status?
- How do I calculate my Tax Return and Refund for 2013 in India?
- HMRC Helpline - Tax Credits Calculator 2010 for UK
- Chennai Corporation Property Tax online Payment