Muscle knots are abnormal areas within the muscle, which causes pain.How to remove muscle knot? You can remove muscle knot with nutrition, medication, and also with the help of pressure points. Read out full article for detail info about this.
A muscle might knot up impulsively while you sleep or come out suddenly when you reach for something on a high shelf. At any time in life, you will suffer the pain of a knotted muscle. It feels like a rock of pain in your muscle. When muscles are well-nourished with the right amount of nutrients and hydration and also when they are used properly without being overly strained, they function best. Muscle knots can be resulted from exercising too hard, working too much, sleeping in an unusual position, or stress. Sometimes, muscle knots seem to happen with little provocation. Muscle knots can be removed with the help of pressure points which provide relief anywhere and anytime.
Muscle Knot takes place when a muscle contracts without releasing. A good amount of pain and discomfort is produced as a result of this. Sometimes a muscle knot causes a muscle spasm. Normally, muscles spend time to be active and then relaxing. So, a muscle knot would be a muscle that becomes active and then remains that way. For example, when you go to turn your head to the left and then all of a sudden you get an awful pain in your neck due to a muscle knot. The pain doesn’t go away for quite some time. Then, you will experience even more pain while you try to turn your neck from side to side.
Removal of muscle knots with the help of pressure points:
Remove Muscle Knots in the Back:
You can remove muscle knots in the back by pressing the pressure points along the sides of the spine. These line the muscles on both sides of the backbone in the neck. Apply pressure in a firm and circular motion. Be careful not to apply pressure directly on the spine.
Remove Muscle Knots in the Foot:
You can remove muscle knots in the foot by pressing the pressure points along the arch of the foot that are situated on the underside of the foot. Begin with the pressure point directly underneath the ball of the foot. Progressively work down along the arch of the foot where most muscle knots in the foot occur.
Remove muscle knots in the neck:
By pressing the pressure points on the sides of the spine, you can remove muscle knots in the neck. They jog up to the base of the skull along the muscles of the neck from the shoulders all the way. Press these pressure points inward and shift your fingers in a circular motion. Don’t press directly on the spine as it will cause pain and can be dangerous.
Remove Muscle Knots in the Hand:
By pressing the pressure point in the webbing of the hand, you can remove muscle knots in the hand. Between the thumb and index finger, this is the fleshy part. In the hand, muscle knots often takes place when you are working long hours on a computer. Press the point and shake out your fingers until the knot is gone.
Remove Muscle Knots in the Arm:
By pressing the pressure points in the arm muscles, remove muscle knots in the arm. On the side of the arm just above the elbow, the arm muscles are present, which are the best one for this. Work your way up until you reach the shoulder then back down and press the pressure points on the top of the forearm from the elbow down to the hand.
Remove Muscle Knots in the Leg:
The pressure points in the leg muscles help to remove muscle knots when pressing is carried out. By applying firm pressure to the side of the thigh muscle halfway between the hip and the knee, muscle knots in the thigh can be removed. In the calf, you can remove muscle knots by pressing the pressure points in the back of the calf and dragging your toes back toward your knee.
Also, you can remove muscle knots with the help of following:
- Drink water. To stay healthy, your body needs eight 8oz glasses of water per day. Water helps to flush out any toxins that might have built up in your body because of the foods you have eaten. The healthier your body is the less probable you are to have muscle knots.
- Eat a banana. Muscle knot may come as a result of low potassium levels. Bananas are rich in potassium. You will want to include a banana a day in to your diet if you are prone to getting muscle knots.
- Wine has healing properties if it is taken in moderation. Drink a glass of wine.
- Stretching daily can help to prevent the muscles from knotting up in the first place.
- Massage the muscle knot out with your hands, this can take some time and may even hurt originally. If you are too scared to massage the muscle yourself then call a massage therapist and schedule an emergency appointment.
- Stretch the muscle that is knotted up such as, if you have a muscle knot in your lower leg, you can pull your toes up which will stretch that muscle out. This may help for immediate relief.
- Acupressure also helps to remove muscle knot. You must consult a specialist who knows the pressure points in order to use this.
- To get the knot loose, you have to be active. Walking help you to be active. Walk around until you start to feel relief.
- You will want to consult your doctor and get some muscle relaxers if you have a lot of muscle knots that take a long time to go away. Take only a doctor prescribed muscle relaxer. Any time you begin to feel your muscles tightening up, and then take these medications.
- Muscle knots can occur when a person doesn’t have the required dose of calcium in their body. Take a calcium supplement right away if you have a muscle knot. Continue to take one each day if you don’t consume enough calcium in your diet and you are prone to muscle knots.
- Take an Advil or Motrin; these are forms of ibuprofen which relieve pain. They work faster and are much stronger than products like Tylenol or asprin. Extra strength Advil can be taken once every six to eight hours as needed.
- Injections are sometimes preferred as they work almost immediately to get rid of the pain. Some doctors will use steroids or anesthetics and others will consider using Botox.
- Spread an ointment, Biofreeze on the area that has the muscle knot. You can also use other ointments. Biofreeze is the must effective. Just make sure you wash your hands right away after you apply it or they will begin to feel the warm, tingling sensation that works to take the pain away from your muscle.
- You can also apply a heating pad to the muscle knot and then switch to the ice pack. Do this in ten minute cycles until you start to feel some relief from the muscle knot.
- Acupuncture has been found to be helpful for individuals who suffer from muscle knots. If you don’t have an acupuncture kit at home, you can make an appointment with a specialist.
- Use the Painwave X4000 device which is easy to use and does not hurt. All you do is rotate the device over the muscle that is experiencing the knot. It is small and can be held in your hand. It comes in the market with a money back guarantee.
- Visit your chiropractor. He or she may have some electrical stimulation techniques that can alleviate your pain. If the muscle spasm is in the back, he or she may be able to do some adjusting for you that will also work.
- Some ultrasound treatments may help you to remove muscle knot. Your doctor will be able to explain these to you and help you get an appointment. These should be considered if you experience chronic or frequent muscle knots.
Effects of Untreated Muscle Knots:
Muscle Knots can affect a person’s capacity to work if it is left untreated. If the knot occurs in the one of legs of person, he/she may not even be able to walk. Pain from the muscle knot can make an individual grumpy and impatient with family and friends. At last, muscle knots can keep a person from receiving their eight hours of sleep per night.
Muscle knot pain will be intense at first and decrease over time. It can last for days and sometimes almost two weeks. Take a medical attention right away if you feel any redness or discoloration of the skin, or swelling around the painful area then.
You Might Also Like :