Major Banks offer conventional methods to their customer for paying central excise and service tax online, which is called an e-payment. Between the bank and the service taxpayers, e-payment is basically an array. With the bank, which offers e-payment solution and has authority for the respective Commissionerate, taxpayer has to get registered to get this facility.
Benefits of e-payment:
- Availability of the facility is on 24x7 basis
- Ease of operation and convenience
- On-line filling of challans and payment of taxes (No more queues and waiting)
- Service is normally free of charge
- Instant Cyber Receipts for payment made
- Challans delivered at doorstep
Procedure of e-payment:
Taxpayers, who decide to maintain account with the concerned bank and want to use Internet banking facility, follow the procedure of e-payment, which is given below:
- For getting e-payment service, taxpayer has to log on to the website of bank
- Taxpayer gets the user ID and password from the bank, which are necessary for the entrance into the secure banking area
- After selecting “pay tax” menu in the secure banking area of the bank, the taxpayer will further offered option to select various taxes and can pay on-line
- If the taxpayer decided to pay CBEC (Indirect Tax), he will be guided to the challan form for filling up the details
- For an on-line validation, Assessee Code, Location Code, Account number are mandatory. Only successful entrants will be allowed to further procedure.
- Bank that falls under the Commissionerates authority can obtain and keep such Assessee Codes for collecting Indirect Tax revenue. If the bank is not authorized for a Commissionerate this will ensure that it will not collect and account indirect tax revenue.
- The taxpayer is guided to a ‘make payment screen’ by showing the payment details filled in by the taxpayer on the challan format on successful validation of the details in the challan format.
- The taxpayer obtains an option to “Continue” or “Cancel”
- The taxpayer is punctual for entering his user ID and password to enter into the bank’s e-transaction module on selecting “Cancel”
- The taxpayer is punctual for entering his user ID and password to enter into the bank’s transaction module on selecting “continue”
- This screen further guides the taxpayer to the page describing his account details with the bank
- Taxpayer selects the account to be debited
- Authorise the payment transaction
- The account of the taxpayer gets debited and a unique system generated payment confirmation number on successful payment transaction
- The concerned Focal Point Bank prints the challan and include in the scroll on a day to day basis and forward to the concerned PAO and, to the Range Officer as per the existing procedure and ensures two copies of the challan in delivered to the taxpayer
- As per the existing procedure, Fund transaction and settlement with Government will be the exclusive responsibility of the bank
You Might Also Like :
- How to Make e-Payment of Service Tax at cbec.nsdl.com?
- How to check online Income Tax Refund Status?
- How to pay LIC premium online?
- How do I calculate my Tax Return and Refund for 2013 in India?
- Pay LIC Premiums by Mobile Phone: Easier Method for Policy holders
- Chennai Corporation Property Tax online Payment