In the year 1920, Union Carbide as "PYROFAX" brand launched Modern LPG. In India, Burmah Shell & Stanvac began LPG marketing in fifties in towns around the Refineries. The marketing of LPG was handed over to private concessionaires of Esso & Caltex like erstwhile DGPL & JK Gas, Kosan Gas. In 1979, under the brand name "HP GAS," HPCL began marketing of LPG with takeover of these concessionaires and merger with HPCL with a customer holding of 7.8 lakhs. The demand was lethargic till 1970-sales 174 TMT. Nowadays, Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) has become the single most popular household fuel. Consumption of LPG has gone up tremendously, since it was introduced in 1955. Through a network of over 2200 distributors, HP Gas today has over 21 million domestic LPG customers. The HPCL brand of LPG, HP Gas, is what keeps the fire burning in millions of Indian homes. Throughout the country, bottled at 44 LPG Bottling Plants with a total capacity of nearly 2500 thousand metric tons per annum, after checking at every stage from bottling to distribution, HP Gas reaches to the customers. Thus, HP Gas is made synonymous with Safety.
HP Gas Ltd. keeps LPG ( which is normally a Propane / Butane mixture liquefied) under normal ambient temperature and moderate pressures. HP Gas is a clean burning, safe, reliable, high calrofic value fuel. HP Gas is also widely used in industries, where there is a requirement of low sulphur content fuel and fine temperature controls, in addition to use as a domestic fuel. IS:4576-1999 specifications are confirmed by HP Gas. The Chemical composition of propane is C3H8 and butane, C4H10.
- LPG is twice as heavy as air and half as heavy as water.
- LPG is colourless and odourless; hence an odorent is used to detect leaks.
- A high calorific value of 11,900 Kcal/Kg results in high efficiency heat output.
- LPG can be compressed at a ratio of 1:250, which enables it to be marked in portable containers in liquid form.
- LPG is safe fuel and ignities only within the specified LPG- Air ratio of 2% to 9%.
Properties of LPG:
Advantage of LPG Compared to other fuels:
- Clean Burning
- No soot, burners have a longer life - so maintenance is low
- No spillage as it vaporises at atmospheric temperature and pressure
- Effects of corrosion are greatly reduced
- Instantly controllable flame temperature
- Very high efficiency with direct firing system
- Avoids scaling and decarborising of parts
- Environmentally friendly fuel, with minimal sulphur content and sulphur- free emissions
- Can be used for a variety of applications
- Instant heat for faster warm-up and cool-down
- Free form peak time premium rates, unlike electricity. One rate round the clock
Sign in at HP Gas Consumer Zone:
Screenshot of www.jihaan.hpcl.co.in:
For signing in at www.jihaan.hpcl.co.in, visit www.jihaan.hpcl.co.in and enter E-mail ID, password, and click on “sign in” option. If you are an existing HP Gas consumer and want to avail online refill booking, online City transfer and online Double Bottle connection facilities then please Sign up at jihaan.hpcl.co.in. When you click on “sign up for existing consumer” option, you will get the page of sign up. Enter your consumer number, state, district, city/town and distributor then click on “next” option. If you are new at www.jihaan.hpcl.co.in and want to become an HPGas consumer then please signup for applying a New HPGas Connection. When you click on “sign up for new connection” option, you will see the sign up page. Enter your E-mail, password, confirm password and residence phone number then click on “sign up” option.
HPAnyTime Refill Booking Tracking:
If you live in Delhi and Kerala then you can do HPAnyTime Refill Booking Tracking. For HPAnyTime Refill Booking Tracking, you have to visit www.jihaan.hpcl.co.in and click on “Refill Booking Tracking” option. After clicking on “Refill Booking Tracking” option, you will get the HPAnyTime Refill Booking Tracking page. Enter your Registered Telephone Number, Consumer Nunber and click on “submit” option.
The nearest HP GAS distributor may be approached for a new Gas connection. Alternately for new gas connection, you may book on-line. Information of cost of New Connection with Double Bottle Cylinder (DBC) (two cylinders and one regulator) along with cost of LPG is given below:
Fixed Cost: Refundable Deposit for Two Cylinders @ Rs. 1250/- each = Rs. 2,500/-
Refundable Deposit for One Regulator @ Rs. 150/- = Rs. 150/-
Cost of Two Refills - Present price according to your area as applicable.
Cost of hotplate/stove and Suraksha Hose (rubber tube) will be extra.
Single Number 24 hours booking:
Dial 12665 (in selected cities),
9990923456 for Delhi,
9961023456 for Kerala
You Might Also Like :
- Chevrolet Beat Diesel and LPG variants in 2011
- Southwest Gas: Bill pay locations & Online Payment Guide
- MapQuest Gas Cards Giveaway Information
- Different types of Alternative fuels - Pros and Cons
- Maruti WagonR Diesel Coming in 2012: Review & Price
- Maruti Alto 800 comes with more Space, Features, Mileage & New Look