IDES stands for Illinois Department of Employment Security. You can get information about job seekers/claimants, employer, re-entry, forms and more at Ides.state.il.us. The information of Ides.state.il.us - Ides - Illinois Unemployment Benefits is provided below.
Illinois workforce service’s link is IDES. Job placement and referrals, unemployment insurance, employment and training programs, career and labor market information, payroll tax filing are the services of Illinois workforce. One of Illinois’ best-kept secrets is the department of Employer security. IDES helps job seekers to find jobs and employers to find workers. A gold colliery of information on the Illinois economy and careers are also analyzed and published by IDES.
Services of IDES:
Individuals can file claims for unemployment insurance benefits online or in person at a local IDES office or Illinois WorkNet Center.
Employers can entrance a wealth of resources and information that help them fulfill with the Illinois Unemployment Insurance Act. Such resources include online tax filing and tips on preparing for an appeal hearing.
Job matching online service is offered by IDES such as Illinois Skills Match, to help match job seekers to employers looking for their skills. Other services are offered by IDES statewide network of local IDES offices and Illinois workNet Centers.
For Job seekers
- Job fairs, special employment events, and resume / job hunting workshops
- PCs with Internet access, fax machines, other career resources
- Specialized job search assistance for veterans and the Re-entry Employment Services Program
- One-on-one IDES staff assistance, including recruitment
- Tax Credits for hiring disadvantaged workers
- Mass hiring for startups and new business locations
- Use of IDES facilities for recruitment activity
- Online tax filing
Workforce and Career Information
IDES’ economists, stationed throughout Illinois, conduct extensive analysis on the state’s economy and labor force. The output is a gold mine of workforce and career information available online at www.ILWorkinfo.com and in publications.
Contact IDES: 1-888-367-4382.
Apply Online for Unemployment Insurance Benefits:
When you file claim through internet, you need the information of:
- Employer's name, mailing address, employment dates, and separation reason for all employers worked for since 01/01/2008 to 06/18/2009
- Social Security Number and name as it appears on your Social Security card
- If claiming your spouse or child as a dependent, the Social Security Number, date of birth and name of dependent(s)
- If you are not a United States citizen, your Alien Registration Information
- If you worked since Sunday of this week, the amount of gross wages earned this week.
To file my claim online, required software is:
- Windows XP, Windows 2000 or Windows Millennium Edition
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, with cookies enabled.
- Adobe Reader version 4.0 or later
IDES job seekers/claimants services and information:
In this service you can find Online filing of unemployment insurance benefits, Certifying your claim for unemployment benefits, Table of Weekly Benefit Amounts, Employment Services & Opportunities, Extended Unemployment Insurance Benefits, Re-entry Employment Services Program (RESP), Federal Additional Compensation (FAC), Electronic benefit payment options, Health insurance while unemployed, Legal Services, File An Appeal, Frequently Asked Questions, and USDOL Trade Act Information | Trade Adjustment Act (TAA) Petition Determinations.
Employer information and requirements:
In this section you can find information about Tax Requirements, Illinois Tax Net, Paperless Filing, Electronic Payment Options for UI Taxes, Employee Leasing, SUTA Dumping, Tax Credits, Foreign Labor Certification & Prevailing Wage Determination, Mandatory Workplace Posters and Referral Telephone Numbers, Employment & Labor Laws, New Hire Reporting, Right to Appeal Administrative Decisions, Re-entry Employment Services Program, and Fidelity Bonding Program (English | Español). You can also get recruitment services, Mass Layoff and Plant Closings, Federal Trade Programs, and workforce data.
Re-entry service employment program:
IDES is expanding the website to include important reentry clients due to the growing need for resources amongst ex-offender job seekers and guidance to employment in hiring ex-offenders.
Employment related forms:
IDES provides different types of forms in different categories such as Tax Filings & Corrections, Election of Representation, Domestic/Household, Business Changes, Refunds of Taxes Paid, Mergers & Acquisitions, Debts Owed, Employment Related Forms, Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC), For Workers and Job Seekers, Other Forms for Job Seekers, etc.
You Might Also Like :
- Pennsylvania Unemployment Guide - Pa Unemployment Biweekly Claim (dli.state.pa.us)
- New Hampshire Unemployment Insurance Benefits Available at www.nh.gov/nhes
- Vi Dol Jobs
- Unemployment Benefits Extension March 2010
- Pennsylvania Unemployment Benefits Guideline From Dli.state.pa.us
- Walmart Unemployment Benefits & Compensation