On Diwali, Mercedes Benz is going to launch R-Class premium multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) in India. At present, pictures and details of new R-Class has been leaked by Mercedes-Benz. The price of Mercedes Benz R-Class is approximately Rs. 60 Lakhs at an Ex-showroom Delhi. Mercedes Benz is about to make a completely niche segment in the premium end of the market with the launch of the R-Class in India.
Mercedes Benz R-Class is seven-seater multi-purpose vehicle with more aggressive front section along with styling cues borrowed from Mercedes' popular SUV and saloon models. Mercedes-Benz R-Class model comes with latest Blue EFFICIENCY technology which is one of the most environment-friendly and economical vehicles in the premium car segment. The mileage of car is around 7.6 l per 100 km, which is approximately 7% less than the fuel economy of the previous model. The first and only variant announced for India launch is Mercedes R350 4MATIC.
After success of Mercedes Benz R-Class in New York Motor Show and deliveries, in Europe and the US, Mercedes Benz is going to introduce this model in India. This report was confirmed by wheelsunplugged.com, commenting on the report Dr. Wilfried Aulbur, managing director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said that they have ‘lots of surprises for the (Indian) market’ but refused to give comments about the release of Benz R-class in the country.
Dr. Thomas Weber, member of the Daimler AG Board of Management with responsibility for Group Research and Mercedes-Benz Cars Development: "We have reworked the R-Class completely, thereby adding to its appeal and enhancing its premium qualities, but without losing any of the advantages of this unique vehicle concept. On top of this, our Blue EFFICIENCY strategy makes the R-Class the most economical and environmentally friendly MPV in the premium segment."
Snaps of Mercedes Benz R Class 2010:
Specifications and Features of the Mercedes R-Class 2010 in India:
- Engine Displacement – 3498 cc
- 4 – Wheel Drive
- 0 to 100 KMPH in 8.4 Seconds
- Top Speed 230 KMPH
- Long Wheelbase
- Front Suspension: steel spring suspension
- Comfortable Seating for 7 Adults
- Max Storage space – 2385 Litres
- Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control
- In Dashboard 6 CD/DVD changer
- 8-inch screens for the rear passengers
- Wireless Speakers
- Powerful V6 MPFI Petrol Engine
- Bi-xenon headlamps
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Leather Interiors
- Rear Suspension: AIRmatic (Adaptive Intelligent Ride control) system featuring self-leveling air suspension
- Max Torque of 350 Nm @ 2400 RPM
- Max Power of 272 BHP @ 6000 RPM
- DVD Player
- 7G-Trionic Automatic Transmission with shift pedals on the steering
Video of Mercedes R-class 2010 from YouTube:
You Might Also Like :