The detailed information about Microsoft tfs 2010 or Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 is provided at the official site microsoft.com/visualstudio of Microsoft Visual Studio. Here is given short overview about Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 with its features and system requirements.
Microsoft has worked excitedly to enhance the group-focused capabilities of its Visual Studio Team System line. Visual Studio Team System is a set of association, software development, metrics, and reporting tools from Microsoft. Doug Seven, Microsoft Senior Product Manager discussed about what .NET developers can expect from Visual Studio Team System 2010 and how they can best adapt from the newest release.
One of the cooperation platforms at the center of Microsoft’s application lifecycle management solution is Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 that helps to enable teams to reduce risk, streamline interactions and get rid of waste throughout the software delivery process.
You will need to ensure you have SQL Server 2008 installed for an in-place upgrade that will be supported by Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, as mentioned above. You will need to upgrade it first, if you are using an older version of SQL Server. Then you will be able to upgrade Team Foundation Server on the same machine.
System Requirements for Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010:
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008
Team Foundation Server 2010 can be installed on the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 (x86 & x64)
- Windows Server® 2003 (x86) with Service Pack 2 or later (all editions)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (x86) or later (all editions)
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 2 or later
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
- Windows Vista® (x86 & x64) with Service Pack 2 or later (all editions except Starter Edition)
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB of available hard-disk space
- Computer with a 2.2GHz or faster processor
- 64-Bit (x64)
- 32-Bit (x86)
Visual Studio Team System 2010 features:
Microsoft had planned to deliver new features given as follows to build on their existing Application Life-cycle Management (ALM) solution.
- Easy customization of process and guidance from Microsoft and partners to match the way your team works
- Improvements to multi-server administration build and source control
- Test Impact Analysis helps developers quickly check-in code with confidence by running only the necessary tests.
- Joint prioritization and management of IT projects through integration with Microsoft Office Project Server
- Project management across multiple projects for proactively load balancing resources according to business priorities
- Comprehensive metrics and dashboards for shared visibility into project status and progress against deliverables
- Powerful new features to enable developers and testers to quickly identify, communicate, prioritize, diagnose and resolve bugs
- Integrated test case management to create, organize and manage test cases across both the development and test teams
- Testing automation and guidance to help developers and testers focus on business-level testing rather than repetitive, manual tasks
- Full traceability (inc. hierarchical work items) to track project deliverables against business requirements and the ability to conduct rapid impact analysis of proposed changes
- Quality metrics for a ‘go/no-go’ release decision on whether an application is ready for production and has been fully tested against business requirements
- Rapid integration of remote, distributed, disconnected and outsourced teams into the development process
You Might Also Like :
- Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2010 Review
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 beta download
- Microsoft Easy Assist Service Support available at Support.Microsoft.com/Ea
- Microsoft and Yahoo reach a deal to be Search partners
- Microsoft Win a World of Entertainment Sweepstakes Information
- Microsoft's Free Windows Essentials Antivirus Security Tool Downlad