Parent Internet Viewer (created by Excelsior Software) is a web-based communication tool that permits parents/guardians to check students Progress.
Pinnacle Internet Viewer (real-time grade reporting software), which allows parents/ guardians and students secure access to grade, assignment, and attendance details. It is created by Excelsior Software. Pinnacle or PIV for short is broadly used in schools for students to check their progress. Pinnacle Internet Viewer authenticates users by a pin (a student I.D. number) and password.
Pinnacle Gradebook let students and parents/guardians to:
- Choose and print reports
- Monitor grades and attendance
- Get detailed assignment and course information
- Automatically receive reports through email - set thresholds for rising/falling grades and unexpected absences.
Pinnacle is a kind of an electronic grade book in which teachers skip pencil and paper in favor of mouse clicks and spreadsheets. For each student, an exclusive user ID and password are issued, and parents and guardians should be getting these at Back to School nights or in their mailboxes over the next few weeks. Parents can sign in, see and print reports for attendance, grades, homework assignments, due dates, and test scores. The student's name is not displayed, once a student or parent is logged in to the system, which adds a second level of privacy protection. At the school office, Lost or forgotten user IDs and passwords can be recovered.
You require the following information to gain access to Pinnacle Internet Viewer:
- The Student ID which is also recognized as the Student Number. This number is printed on student schedules, report cards and progress reports. In many cases, this number will have an ‘X’ at the end of it.
- The Pin Code is the student’s date of birth – this will be typed as year, month, day (four digits for year two digits for month two digits for day – no spaces, slashes, dashes, or commas – YYYYMMDD) – for example, if the student’s birthday is March 5, 1982, it would be typed in as 19820305.
How to access details, you may notice a few things:
A student Pinnacle Internet Viewer not identified by name on Pinnacle Internet Viewer the screen or reports (this is for privacy protection). You can access different reports, as well as missing assignments, class grades Pinnacle Internet Viewer and discipline reports.
Below codes are used to specify absences and tardies:
U – Unexcused Absence
E – Excuses Absence
T – Unexcused Tardy
E – Excused Tardy
S – School Related Absence
G – Guidance Related Absence
Please be familiar with and understand the following information, when looking at assignment and grade information in the PIV:
X – A grade of X indicates either that the student is exempt from completing the assignment and no score is expected and will not display on the PIV or that a grade is missing (has not been turned in) but is expected to be turned in.
Z – A marking of Z indicates the student has not completed the assignment and will be given a zero (until another score is entered).
Blank – Assignment is still to be handed in or scored/graded and is not yet factored into the term grade.
You Might Also Like :
- Engrade Login Guide for Members of Engrade.com
- How to Login & Access Aimsweb.com for Benchmark and Progress Monitoring
- Login Guide for Parents to RenWeb Website (Renweb.com)
- Ashworth Student Portal Login Guide at MyAshWorth.com
- Log In to Connection.Naviance.com for Students
- Types of Technology Used in the Classroom