The official website of Punjab Police is www.punjabpoliceindia.org. Punjab Police provides vacancies for Constables (Male and Female) in Punjab District Police and Armed Police Cadres for the Indian citizens. Application starts from 1st March, 2010 and last date of application will be 15th March, 2010 (5 PM). There are total 3038 vacancies in Punjab Police in which 1214 posts are for District Police Cadres-Male, 1533 Posts for Armed Police Cadres- Male, 97 Posts for District Police Cadres-Female, 194 Posts for Armed Police Cadres- Female. All these posts include other allowances as admissible under Govt. rules. Some candidates will be included under ‘Defined Contributory Pension Scheme’ of the State Govt.
Top Banner of the Punjab Police:
District Police Cadres – Male: 1214 Posts
Armed Police Cadres – Male: 1533 Posts
District Police Cadres – Female: 97 Posts
Armed Police Cadres – Female: 194 Posts
Pay Scale: PB-2 Rs. 5910-20200 (Grade Pay Rs. 1900)
Place of Duty: Some applicant(s) can be deployed anywhere in Punjab, India and even abroad.
Educational qualifications: Education qualification of an application is required 10+2 in any discipline (or equivalent) with Punjabi as compulsory/optional subject. For Ex-Servicemen only matriculation is required.
Age: Required age is 18 years to 25 years. Cut off date shall be 1.1.2010. As prescribed by the Government, Relaxation in upper age limit is provided in case of Scheduled Casts/Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes. Ex-Servicemen shall be given relaxation in the upper age limit by 3 years plus the number of years of service rendered in the Defense Forces. The period between discharge from defence services and re-employment should not surpass 24 months (2 years).
For Ex-servicemen: In accordance with Govt. instructions issued vide No.G-S-R-11/Const./Arts, 309, 234 & 318/82 dated 02.02.1982 where as Ex-Servicemen is not available for recruitment against a reserved vacancy, such a vacancy shall be reserved to be filled in by recruitment of the wife or one dependant Child of an Ex-Serviceman who has neither been recruitment against a reserved vacancy under Punjab Recruitment of Ex- Serviceman.
According to the Rule 10.64 of Punjab Police, 1934, applicant should be medically examined by the Civil Surgeon before the enrollment and also certified physically fit.
Selection procedure of the Punjab Police Recruitment 2010 is divided into three stages i.e.
A) Physical Measurement
B) Physical Efficiency
- As per requirement, the posts can be increased or decreased.
- Recruitment against 3% vacancy reserved for sports persons shall be carried out separately for which a separate advertisement shall be given, as per State Govt. instructions. Nevertheless, the sportsperson can also apply in this open recruitment.
- The selected applicants who is recruited shall not be transferred out of Armed Police Cadre, as per section 4 (b) of Punjab Police Act-2007.
How to Apply?
- An applicant can apply from the official website of the Punjab Police by download an application form.
- An applicant can write their Name and Address to the back side of the Bank Draft in BLOCK letters.
- Complete application forms shall be accompanied by an Account Payee, Demand Draft amounting to Rs. 100/- in favour of Chairman, District Recruitment Board (_________________)(Name of District for which the applicant applies) for Male Constables 2010” (payable at __________________(District Concerned).
- The application form completely filled in all aspects along with all the necessary documents/certificate must reach the “Chairman, District Recruitment Boards from 1st March, 2010 to 15th March, 2010 (from 9.00 A.M to 5.00 P.M) all working days including Saturdays. The application received after 5.00 P.M on15.03.2010 is rejected.
You Might Also Like :