Texas DPS (Department of Public Safety) will assess a surcharge when the driver accumulates a total of six points or more on their record during a three-year period. Now Texas drivers can pay surcharge online with login at www.txdps.state.tx.us. Surcharge means extra fee which you have to pay when you break the rules of the driving. The Texas driver has to pay a $100 surcharge for the first six points and $25 for each additional point.
The Texas Department of Public safety is an agency of this state created for providing public safety services to the Texas's people by administering regulatory programs, enforcing laws, managing emergencies, managing records and educating the public, both directly and through interaction with other agencies. Texas public department was established in 1935.
Yearly surcharge for certain conviction:
Now the drivers require to pay an annual surcharge for three years from the date of conviction.
Driving While Intoxicated (DWI), or a DWI-Related Offense
- First Conviction - $1,000 Annual Surcharge
- Second Conviction - $1,500 Annual Surcharge
- Any Conviction with a BAC of .16 or Greater - $2,000 Annual Surcharge
Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility
- $250 annual surcharge
Driving While License Invalid
- $250 annual surcharge
Driving without a Valid License
- $100 annual surcharge
Texas DPS Surcharge Payment at www.txdps.state.tx.us
Texas Department of Public safety provides an online surcharge payment facility. You can pay your surcharge at www.txdps.state.tx.us, for this purpose open site and click on the Texas DPS Driver Responsibility Surcharge Online, and get the next page and read properly online payment information such as:
- Your current Texas Driver License or ID card or Number assigned by DPS
- Reference number from the Texas DPS Conviction Surcharge notice letter
- A valid credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
- A valid checking, savings or money market account (you will need the Routing Number, Account Number and Financial Institution Name).
Then click on the login option which is at top-left side, and enter the driver license number or identification card number (or DPS assigned number located on the conviction surcharge notice), date of birth, last name of the individual who owes the surcharge (must be entered exactly as it is listed on file with DPS), and the reference number located on the top right hand side of conviction surcharge notice. Click on continue option to begin the surcharge payment process. The system will prompt for credit card and payment information. A confirmation number will be provided at the end of the transaction.
You can pay only payment via credit cards and electronic check. The online payment process is accepted only four credit cards Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
For full payment of a surcharge or to establish an installment agreement, please contact the Municipal Services Bureau: 1-(800)-688-6882.
Driver Record Requests
Texas Department of Public Safety
Driver Records Bureau
PO Box 149246
Austin, Texas 78714-9246
Telephone (512) 424-2032
You Might Also Like :
- Access LG SBI Credit Card Account & Payment from SBIcard.com
- Apply Online for SBI Railway Credit Card at WWW.IRCTC.CO.IN
- Find Texas Roadhouse Locations from TexasRoadHouse.com
- HDFC Card - Login to HDFCBank.com for Credit Card Bill Payment
- CenterPoint Energy Pay Bill Online at CenterPointEnergy.com
- Atmos Energy: Online Bill Pay service Guide for Payment