Thai Airways is the largest airline of Thailand and one of the most popular airlines of the world. The airline offers domestic, regional, and international air travel services, touching almost each and every one of the major destinations in Thailand and all over the world. Thai Airways has successfully earned customer’s satisfaction and trust by providing high class services. It is specially known for its yummy in-flight meals, wonderful entertainment, high-quality lounges, and also impressive on-ground facilities. Thai Airways indeed make travelling fun and safe for flyers.
Thai Airways International was established back in the year 1960. It was a joint venture of Thai Airways Company (domestic carrier of Thailand) and Scandinavian Airlines System. Later in the year 1977, the Thai Airways became fully owned by the Thai government and people. Currently, Thai Airways flies over seventy different destinations across thirty-five countries, by means of around eighty-five airplanes. Moreover, Thai Airways operates two of the longest non- stop commercial flights (777-200 and 777-300) that fly between Bangkok & Brisbane and Bangkok & Athens respectively. Headquarter of the airline has been located in the Chatuchak District of Bangkok. Plus, the airline is mainly operating in the Suvarnabhumi Airport.
www.thaiairways.com is the official website of the Thai Airways. The site provides all required information for the trip including ticket availability, flight schedule, packages, etc. Plus, the site has turned the tedious task of ticket booking into a very easy and convenient one. The online booking facility enables the travelers to reserve and purchase airline tickets effortlessly that too without coming out of the comfort of home/office. Travelers can make the online payment in their local currency of their country of origin. The online payment facility is not available in certain cities and if passengers from those cities try to make their online reservations, they will be notified immediately about the unavailability of the facility.
Passengers can make use of their MasterCard, Debit card or Visa for online payment. The advanced reservations start right before 11 months of scheduled departure date of the flight and it must be done at least 72 hours prior to the departure. The website has a very user friendly interface with several tabs and links that can make your online ticket booking really easy and convenient. You can easily pick your flight from the timetable provided by the site and book tickets based on your choice.
Step-by-Step Guide to Book a Flight on Thai Airways:
- Visit www.thaiairways.com.
- Select any one of the tabs i.e. either ‘International’ or ‘Domestic’, based on your destination.
- Choose your departure city from the options already given on the drop down menu of ‘Select Flight Origin’ and then select your destination city from the drop down menu of ‘Select Flight Destination’. Similarly, choose your departure date and return date. Then click on “Book Now” option.
- You will be directed to a page where a table gets displayed. The table shows the ticket availability along with the ticket price on each and every day around the dates that you have selected (which will be highlighted) in the previous step. After choosing the preferred one, click on “Select” tab.
- Pick the exact flight that you want on your chosen date and hit the “Select” button.
- Convert the ticket price from Thai Baht into your country’s currency by clicking on the link "Convert displayed currency” situated at the bottom of the box titled “Price”. After the conversion, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Traveler's Details" option.
- Fill up a form by providing some important personal info like name, contact number, and email address and select the “Purchase” option.
- Carefully read all terms and conditions and then confirm that you have read all the terms and conditions by clicking on the box at the bottom of the page. Hit the “Confirm Trip" tab to continue.
- Lastly, type in your credit card info and select "Continue” in order to confirm your purchase. Automatically, an E-Ticket will be issued to you by email.
Some Important Points to Be Considered While Purchasing Online Tickets:
- Travelers who have purchased their tickets using debit card or Visa or MasterCard, must bring their payment card and photo ID or passport along with them for personal identification at the time of check-in. Make sure that the name and number on the payment card must match with the name appearing on the identification card or passport.
- If you are sponsoring an e-ticket for any other person using your credit card or master card then you i.e. the card owner should contact a THAI city ticketing office at the near by region and present some documents like the card used for purchasing of ticket, ID proof or passport, and a completed and signed approval form. After the verification of the documents, the Thai officials will provide you with a booking reference.
- Thai Airways does not accept cards like e-Credit card, virtual credit card, or any other corporate cards for online payment.
- With one payment card, you can book tickets for a maximum of four passengers in one booking.
- To get tickets for infant, you are required to purchase it separately from THAI office.
- Online ticket buyers can even cancel and refund their e-tickets. Just contact any THAI ticket city office. They will pay back to your credit card bank account after deducting a refund fee.
You Might Also Like :
- Royal Jordanian Airways : Airlines Review
- Jazeera Airways Booking: Online Flight Booking & Reservation Guide
- Malaysian Airlines Online Ticket Booking Guide
- Jetstar offers Take a Friend For Free Sale
- How to Use US Airways Flights & Tickets Information from USAirways.com
- Etihad Airlines Review & Customer Service