Chinese phone maker, ZTE, has partnered with the US Cellular and launched a new affordable smartphone for its price-conscious customers on 12th April. The name of this entry-level android based smartphone is “Director”. It is perfect device for the people who want budget-friendly phone or looking to buy their first android smartphone. In terms of looks and specs, it is similar to the ZTE Fury. The device provides decent features at lower price. You can buy ZTE Director for only a penny ($0.01) with two-year contract or $99.99 without a contract. It is available online at www.uscellular.com and www.zteusa.com.
The small, yet powerful Smartphone, ZTE Director features 3.5-inch display with a resolution of 320X480pixels (HVGA). The smartphone is based on slightly outdated Android OS, 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) but it is great compared to its price. Generally, the mid-range phones runs on Android 2.3, Gingerbread OS. It is packed with 1GHz Snapdragon processor and 512MB RAM. You can capture your precious moments with its 3MP rear camera with LED flash and Digital Zoom. The rear camera is able to capture videos. There is no front facing camera for video calls.
It sports 4GB of internal storage that is expandable up to 32GB with the help of a memory card. It offers quick access to popular games, applications social networks and other websites. The 1,500mAh battery provides up to 6 hours of talk time and up to 350 hours of standby time. It comes preloaded with apps like Amazon App store, CityID, Amazon Music, Gameloft Storefront, Tone Room Deluxe, MiEasyAccess, Slacker Radio, etc.
The device supports audio formats like MP3, AAC and AAC+ as well as video formats such as MPEG4, H.263 & H.264. Connectivity features includes Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi, Wi-FI Hotspot, GPS, a USB and a 3.5mm headset jack.
Specifications of ZTE Director
- Physical Size: 3.5"
- Resolution: 320 X 480pixels
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- CPU: 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM7626A
- Main Resolution: 3.0 MP
- Features: LED, Digital Zoom
- Video Capture: Camcorder
- Capacity: 1500 mAh
- Talk Time: Up to 6 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 350 hours
- Internal: 4GB ROM, 512MB RAM
- Expandable: MicroSD, Up to 32GB
- Bluetooth: 3.0
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
- Mobile Hotspot
- GPS: GPS (turn-by-turn navigation)
- Headset Jack 3.5mm
You Might Also Like :
- ZTE Avid 4G: Specs, Price and Review
- Iriver ULALA I-K1: Specs & Features of affordale Android 2.3.5 Smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy Y: Specs, Price & Review of budget Android smartphone
- Karbonn Smart A12: Price, Specs and review
- G’Five Android phones A79, A86, I88+,G95 and G3D: Specs & Price in India
- Motorola Electrify M: Price & Specs of 4G Android Phone